|Head of Health and Safety
|Chief Bar Steward
|(in)Human Resources Director
|Lavian Space Program Director
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Gameblast 24 hour stream. Elite Content :- SRV Racing, Buckballing, RPG Session (with a level up), Auctioning of various 3D printed Elite Ships £900 for Conda, £1200 for Corvette and £900 for Imp Cutter and Lil Willie (by Cmdt Nocti from the Hutton Truckers)
- Raised 26k compared to 46k in 2016? , >£53,000 in 2017 And £44,444 in 2018
- Who has Deposed David Braben.. :p
- No Monday stream due to the above.
- The forums have already started with the ‘Where is the FC info?”
- Paige’s new twitch https://www.twitch.tv/arthremis
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- AXI – All Thargoid incursions appear to have been cleared. Eagle Eye network is not responding.
- Operation IDA – Their repair target this week is the Watanabe Station (#2) in HIP 10492. They only require Tantalum, Lithium and Water Purifiers to complete this system
Newsletter (every second show)
- The Federal Gunship gets a Shipkit and lovely paintjobs for your terrahawks inspired ships.
- Message from royalderg on Discord
I’m a Commander in the player group Post Disaster Evacuation Service or PDES for short, I’m relatively new to the whole scene but basically the group works with IDA and AXI to “fight” the thargoids however we focus on rescuing refugees from burning stations using the passenger board. I see us as the paramedics as the trifecta of the thargoid war while AXI would be the SWAT team and IDA would be the hospital.
Anyways, the veterans in the group have done this way more then me and unlike AXI (who have a number of incursions to clear and have a clear impact on how the war is fought) or IDA (who have a set amount of commodities to deliver to a station to get it online).
We can all agree the atmosphere of burning stations is very well done the floating debris, the heat issue that most pilots have to worry about, the random explosions that knock you off course occasionally, and the always urgent passengers or flight controller that is begging you to save people if you can and be careful.
Currently we don’t know the impact that saving people from the station has. Below is a forums post made by Phill P. One of the coordinators for the group and a strong veteran in Elite and rescuing passengers.
We are about 300 members strong however we just want to see what our rescues do. I personally find it frustrating to rescue tonight 2,000 people from the station and not being able to see it do anything. As stated in the forums post (which you don’t have to read unless you would like too) We would just like a simple goal to work with for example if we save a million passengers from the station maybe it cuts down on the repair cost therefore helping IDA or something like that.
- Cmdr ToCoSo has released a new Album “Dreams from Beyond the Frontier”
- All the lyrics are on the soundcloud for Karaoke at Lavecon
- Cmdr Yanick lets us know that The #OrionExpedition has met at waypoint 7 (Waypoint Roscosmos). This beautiful planetary nebula nearby hanging over us, before our mass jump into its heart!
- Cmdr OrangePheonix from SPVFA has posted a beautiful and powerful video on Why We Fly Elite Dangerous
- Why We Fly
Why do we do this…..?
Why do we put ourselves into this most dangerous of places every day…?
We choose to fly off into the deep Dark where the slightest thing can be our end…. again and again…. but why?
As I find myself drifting off into oblivion my thoughts push towards the question of….. Why?
Is it for adventure…. money…. the vistas…. or is it ….. to escape?
If so to escape what?
Do we choose this for our health?
Do we find this hazardous life therapeutic…. do we do this to replace the void of life with the void of space?
What does it give us that an average planetary life does not?
Is it our way to cope with our past… our present ….or our unknown future.
Many many Cmdrs make the decision to venture off away from the galaxy’s pockets of life instead of living in relative safety with a planetary job, a family and society but why?
Could it be to escape the scars we have suffered, the experiences that we have endured….. Is it a better life?
It seems many of us believe it is.
Many of us use the deep Dark as a way to escape the pain of life, even though it is such a dangerous profession. But why?
Only the individual Cmdr can really answer these questions for themselves.
But I have my answer……
Because it’s beautiful…. it’s humbling and awe inspiring.
When out in the deep Dark we are free….
Free to do what we want how we want….
We fly free…. we blaze our own trail…. we find freedom and peace from our demons and….
We find friends… (clunk as Repair limpet engages)
With them we are stronger and we share our experiences of this vast galaxy. They help us to engage with the great Community of Cmdrs out there, they help us heal, and they help us to feel stronger, together.
This is why…. we can escape the shackles of the humdrum and replace it with friendship, with action and adventure…. Together…
This is why….
This is why…
- Why We Fly
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at tv.forthemug.com/ or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders