|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|SRV Banksy||Alec Turner||Alec Turner|
|Head of Health and Safety||Ben Moss-Woodward||Eid LeWeise|
|Staff Liaison Officer||Clare Good||Psykit|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|Tech Primate in Training||Chris Mk V||LittleBigYin|
Download the episode directly from here.
Community news – what is the community up to??
- Sally Morgan-Moore – Last FDEV Interview! [rootsrat]
- Elite Dangerous – Starburn community event (cinematic showcase) [AuraxisAnimus]
I was lucky enough to be able to part take and record footage from the community event organised by the folks at Elite Events.
In vastness of space and all the emptiness, these things make the community feel most important part of the game.
This is nice change from chasing missions, purging Thargoids, relogging for materials farming and running away from gankers.
I applaud all the community groups organising such, and I will try to get involved more!
Community makes this game, and community events reflect that in a big way
- 5 Banshee VS CMDR solo [On foot] [MuQuuu]
- Sabotaging Thargoid Spires Explained in Two Minutes [Mechan]
- Thargoid Spire Sabotage Missions – Poison the Thargoid Titans // Elite Dangerous Tips [Ricardos Gaming]
- Stealth Sabotage of a Thargoid Spire : complete run-through of Elite Dangerous’ greatest mission? [Alec Turner]
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- Fri 10th Nov – PALIN MAKES THARGOID SPIRE BREAKTHROUGH
- Missions to retrieve spire materials from rescue ships https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/654e0c5f0534eb105e0bd572
- Ideal place to discuss the new missions and their effect on the spires.
- Mon 13th Nov – Winters resists Hudson’s Legacy Projects
- Tuesday 14th Nov – Concerns Raised Over Titan Returnees
- War Progress –
- Humanity is going from strength to strength. The AXI have almost reduced the number of thargoid controllers systems around the taranris maelstrom to 0.
- In total humanity has now reduced the number of thargoid systems down to 327 from their peak of 1186. Thargoids have lost 72% of their territory in the last 6 months, so if the trend continues, we’re looking at the end of the Thargoid war in 3 months?
- STRIKE COMBATANT PACK
We’ve got a two part discussion for this section. When playing elite, there are parts of the game when you lose focus. You might get yourself to a certain point in the game and say Now What? (Obviously, you could argue that fdev could signpost these things better, but that kind of feeling has always been in Elite, frontier and FFE). So tonight, we’re going to discuss what there is for newer players to try.
- Rare runs. https://imgur.com/gallery/lkRWdtw
- Srv base assaults.
- Finding various hidden items ( inra bases, generation ships, etc)
- Starting the BGS?
- Ranking up with the superpowers?
- Starting the engineering journey (Fox’s Comprehensive Guide To Unlocking Engineering)
- QOTW – What is something that you’ve changed your mind about while playing Elite Dangerous?
Death, I avoided blowing my ships and would be so annoyed when I did blow up. Then I started getting involved with the community and shenanigans. Now I don’t mind dying in game and it’s often a result of something amusing. Getting tased in the nuts, force shell yeeting or crashing into a station at high speed for example. Which brings me on to the 2nd part. Wasn’t sure if I would like Buckyballing, gave it a go and never stopped. I look forward to each race and seeing how much I can improve 🙂
- Colin Ford
Pre Odyssey – Open Power play – still enjoy winning but running away! Post Odyssey – plant scanning. Chill gameplay that’s taken me to some of the most beautiful places in the game.
The whole thing.
Funnily enough, I genuinely didn’t think I’d like it at all. My first account was bought for me because I was frustrated with Chris and Kremmen playing a game without me and we all thought I’d hate it.
I may have been a tiny bit wrong.
- LCU No Fool Like One
Big ships. I started out wanting bigger and bigger ships but now I keep going back to the Viper MKIII because it is so fast and responsive.
- Cylus Resi
Thought exobiology would be dull as ditch-water, but it’s ruddy addictive. And I always wanted a large ship to haul around in, but after a few of years in T-9s and Condas I got back in an Eagle and actually started to enjoy just flying around, I love the “small-pad” ships!
On foot combat. I hated the idea that Elite was becoming a shooter, I’m still not very good, but really enjoy a bit of shotgun diplomacy
- Oregon Viking
Mat grinding. Over a year I was not doing it. Then finally got talked into getting my engineering done and now I talk every new player into getting it done
- Greg Rickshaw
The thing I changed my mind about most was OPEN, I loved it at the start, then avoided it and now I really wish it was just OPEN, the game was so much richer warts and all when everyone was in OPEN. The game as a product is 1000 times better but I really miss the interactions.
The SRV. Ever since 1984 I’ve loved Elite as a space flight game and discovering that, if I’m honest with myself, I probably enjoy being in the SRV more than in a ship … definitely unexpected! And despite not being a big on-foot fan, I’m really enjoying the Spire platform game.
Fleet carriers. I resisted for a couple of years because of the cost and early negative press from some content creators, but in the end got one and haven’t looked back since.
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeetleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.