|Staff Liaison Officer
|Chris Mk IV
|Tech Primate in Training
|Chris Mk V
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Frameshift Live #35 due this Thursday at 4pm UK time.
- Patch 17.0.1 released today
Community news – what is the community up to??
- Elite: “The game that couldn’t be written” by “Alexander the Ok” – a great 1 hour long video about the dawn of Elite, including a comparison to how things looked before (shite) and rebuilding a BBC Micro that the guy bought. Then it gets into LOW level geek stuff, like explaining how a computer works on a LOW LOW level and the vector mathematics behind how the game decided what we could see
- Merry Christmas from Canonn
The 12 Days of Exobiology written and performed by LCU No Fool Like One with Music by ToCoSo https://soundcloud.com/tomcook (as sung in our Outro! And maybe elsewhere, chuff knows!)
A challenge for you would be to organic scan them all in the 12 days of Christmas. All the species are available in the Inner Orion Spur but you will need to travel quite far from Sol to find the Sinuous Tubers. The spansh body search can help you find them. https://spansh.co.uk/bodies
9 Sinuous Tubers
8 Tussock Ventusa
7 Osseus Discus
6 Cactoida Vermis
5 Bark Mounds
3 Recepta Umbrux
Cordyceps in a Brain Tree
If you were to sample the quantities mentioned in each day you would have to find 353 samples and would make over 2 billion credits (or 10 billion if they’re all first discoveries.
- Buckyball 3309 is over … or is it?
The Buckyball Racing Club Presents: Obfuscated In The Outer Rim. 23rd – 31st Dec 3309
If you have a community event taking place soon and would like for us to shout about it across the airwaves tweet the crew @laveradio or email email@example.com
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- Thu 7th December – [CG Result] TIONISLA MATERIALS CAMPAIGN FAILS
- Thu 7th December – SPIRE SHUTDOWN CONFIRMS THARGOID VULNERABILITY
- Mon 11th December – UTOPIA SHARES UPDATE ON NEMESIS FAILSAFE
- Can Alec tell the difference between a Chris MK IV and MK V? – LittleBigYin
- What is meaning of life? – Epaphus
- Where is Raxxla – Epaphus
- what’s heavier.. An ounce of gold or an ounce of lead? – Frank EightySeven
- Can Alec go slower in Buckyball Races – Epaphus
- What is your favourite ship, and why is it the Cobra MK.IV… but seriously, how long did it take for you to achieve either an Elite-status/one of the big 3 ships? – Cylus Resi
- Question for any or all of you. How often do you turn flight assist off? I really struggle with it. Is it worth persevering? – Polutropos
- Have you ever met David Braben and if so how was it? – RangersGSTK
- If they said the servers were to shut down permanently in a month, where would you go? – kilt801
- HAVE YOU SEEN MY MISSING MEGASHIP!? I am looking for my lost Ax Megaship that goes by the name of the Eternal Vigilance Please help it has been missing for an entire year. Last reported in T Tauri in the Hind Nebula – Miserichorde
- Over the years I’ve seen some funny NPC names in the game, Baldrick, Jobs Worth, and Biff Bacon spring to mind. In your time playing have you seen any funny or noteworthy NPC names? – chebs Will [ https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/funny-or-famous-npc-names.391280 ]
- If you could travel back in time and convince David Braben to implement one missing feature from the kickstarter before he retired, which would it be and why:
1- Full atmospheric planets with cities, flora, fauna and big game hunting
2- Fully modelled ship interiors with repairs, physicalised cargo, stowing away and stealing other players ships
3- Something else? – DJ Wylie
- If you could modfiy or add one slot (Ie. Class 1 gun -> Class 2) in the modules/internals of any ship, what would it be?(this includes all parts, guns, utility, core, and optionals) – volt
- How much preparing do you do for the show? – Elviskremmen
- If Salvation come back with new toys whats yalls thoughts? – digital druid
Any other business
- The Dex Legacy season 2, returns with an explosive and thrilling adventure, interlude 1 “Secondary Subjects”, Premiered tonight on Lave Radio. You can find further information at thedexlegacy.com, including links to the paperback book “The Dex Legacy Season 1 – Collected Scripts and Commentary” by Emily Inkpen and also The Complete Season 2 in HD audio.
- Our Chief Bar Steward Psykokow will be hosting a Christmas Quiz Friday 22nd of December at 7pm UK time. twitch.tv/psykokow
- Remember That Cmdr Allen Stroud has got a new book out! 😉
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeetleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.