|Staff Liaison Officer
|Chris Mk IV
Download the episode directly from here
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Mission Server Crashing and Fixed
- Frontier Live Stream delay due to ECM and Gamescon
- Continued from last episode, your Elite Dangerous origin stories:
- CMDR DuckDuckOne
I bought a copy of Elite Dangerous for both myself and a friend for Christmas 2020 but soon after trying to get my pilot’s licence I figured I would need a HOTAS before being able to play and lost interest. A year later I caught wind of a free-fly in Star Citizen and gave that a go and got interested in the genre again. Bought a HOTAS and a VR headset only to give Elite another go but in VR.. and I’ve been playing Elite ever since 😅
I came across a review entitled, “Elite: Dangerous — space travel is boring … but it’s addictive as hell.” Always been a bit wary of fast-twitch games, scarred by the invasion of conquering 9yo’s at my local video arcade when I was in high school, so the idea of a beautiful space simulation that wasn’t afraid to be slow was right up my alley.
I got into the game due to an article in PCGamer on the discovery of the guardian ruins. After that and a whole series of YouTube videos to learn more about the game, I bought it and loved almost every minute of it
- CMDR Corr Felian
I was a die-hard space-sim fan and it looked absolutely amazing. I started playing in late 2016.
Truthfully, in RL I was born too late to play the original in the 80s (born 1981). I somehow found every other space-sim in the 1990s.
Anyway, Elite: Dangerous is wonderful.
“Let me tell you about a place called Raxxla” and after that i was hooked
- CMDR DuckDuckOne
Community news – what is the community up to??
- Incredible video by ClebyHerris
This is what 668GB and 71 Hours of Elite Dangerous Timelapse looks like
- New High Wake video
Elite Dangerous: Is it dead?
- CMDR Heliax video
Elite Dangerous Ultimate Trailer
- Indigo’s video (incl. beautiful opening cut from old BBC Elite coriolis to current ED)
Into Black | Elite Dangerous: Odyssey
- “Old Man” Scorb’s “Aftermath” 3/3”
Prelude To Damnation
If you have a community event taking place soon and would like for us to shout about it across the airwaves tweet the crew @laveradio or email email@example.com
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- Thu 17th Aug – ANCIENT ALIEN BATTLEGROUND DISCOVERED
- Fri 18th Aug – DUVALS RALLY AROUND IMPERIAL MOTHER
- Tue 22nd Aug – THE CASE AGAINST ‘CALICO ZACK’
- Asp Explorer Pop Art Paint Jobs (Biff, Smash, Whaam, Bang, Smack)
- New Metro Expedition Pack
Any other business
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeetleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.