|Head of Health and Safety
|Staff Liaison Officer
|Chris Mk IV
Download the episode directly from here
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
Community news – what is the community up to??
- .BUCKYBALL – We didn’t mention it last week so we’re mentioning it hard this week.
- CMDR Nickweb has answered the question of who wins in the Thargoid vs Guardians war via the unorthodox method of marble simulation: https://twitter.com/StuffByNick/status/1695879992851177941
- The High Wake – Where’s my booze?! Elite Dangerous: Where’s my booze?!
- For those bilingual folks among us – there’s a new French show coming and the trailer looks amazing https://twitter.com/elitedangereuse/status/1694689128636400068
If you have a community event taking place soon and would like for us to shout about it across the airwaves tweet the crew @laveradio or email email@example.com
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- Fri 25th Aug- [CG] DELIVERIES REQUESTED TO COMMEMORATE DUVAL FAMILY
- Mon 28th Aug – RACKHAM REFUTES RUMOURS
- Tues 29th Aug – THARGOID WAR UPDATE: AUGUST 3309
- Nothing in the store but we can tell Ben about all the stuff that’s been released while he’s been away.
Main discussion (Community Questions)
- Question of the Week – Why are you still playing Elite?
WAR! But like on foot pew pew war.
Has to be the BGS for our faction, on foot pews is my jam.
With my alt; Discovering unknown systems knowing I’m the first person to see these stars, planets and, occasionally, plants. With my main; I am a space hero saving humanity from the Thargoid menace.
The continued work of Azimuth Biotech and our late founder Dr. Caleb Wycherley
- To which CMDR Wortherspoon replied: Allegedly* late founder.
- CMDR Homborger
I have three accounts. My main is exploring and on his way to Colonia, the second is an on foot account and the third has a fleet carrier with every ship in the game. I feel I have three separate games and can jump between play styles whenever I like.
- CMDR Zulu Romeo
Because it’s there.
Not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
To take advantage of profits and discoveries.
To find and do something that will be written about for decades to come.
To be as best as I can be in all things.
To win #StellarScreenshots for once
- Heironymus Drake
I’ve a long way to go before I’ve even visited 0.001% of the systems in game
- Cylus Resi
The immersion and the views: standing atop my ship on a lightly atmospheric planet in daytime, looking across the scenery. The community: I hadn’t played in a year or two until LaveCon last year, and love being part of it. But mostly Raxxla, hunting that impossible goal of Raxxla
Donning the VR goggles and being transported 1000 years into my own ship, exploring the black. It’s a feeling that no other game has come close to matching
- Loot & Grind
Nothing beats the peaceful, relaxing experience of mining. That’s what motivates me to login daily. Plus exploration
The hope that something completely new and out of left field appears in the game and blows the bloody doors off!
- CMDR Jon Tomasson
Orthrus hunting and BGS work for the faction I belong to. And the occasional happy accident of discovering a story in the random events.
- CMDR Kilrskwerl
The relaxation is deep space travel and exploration. My cPTSD (and related mental health issues) keeps me basically housebound. Elite let’s me “get out of the house”.
Mystery and intruigue… there’s still a lot of mysteries with the Thatgoids, Guardians and even the one and only RAXXLA!
- CMDR FrostyJack
Exploration and Exo biology
- Dr X
Raxxla keeps me playing…
- Chebs Will
For me it’s lots of things. I really enjoy playing with the young un, she likes the ground battles and watching her bounce around the battlefield dealing ‘death from above’ is great I like just milling around in the andromeda (a slightly engineered general purpose imperial cutter) and doing basically any mission, rescue, battle etc that takes my fancy. Helping our little squadron protect fairy dock, my daughter likes the name. Recently I’ve gone back to a sidewinder (quite a bit engineered) and again milling around doing whatever. Exploration is still a great bit of fun, take a week out to explore the galaxy and see stuff no one else ever has. This game still has loads to offer, the new thargoid stuff is great, we’ve had close encounters with their skimmer units ;). I’m in the minonrity that thinks there is no ‘grind’ just play the game and blaze your own way through the galaxy (edited)
I can fly spaceships and take pretty pictures at the same time. And Elite is perfect for 1-2 hour play sessions, no matter the preferred game mode.
- M K Vimes
Most of my gameplay is BGS based which can be competitive and take me into areas of gameplay that I may otherwise have passed over.
But the beauty of the game for me is that you can decide to have a break for a while and do something else ….. I love the flexibility of the game.
Any other business
- Allen Stroud Released “Temperance” – the Single was released on the 25th August 2023
- Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak free on Epic Store From the 24th – 31st August 2023
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeetleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.