Download the episode directly from here.
|Head of Health and Safety
|Staff Liaison Officer
|Chris Mk IV
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- FD Business Update
Frontier is therefore pleased to confirm three future CMS games with one releasing in each of the next three financial years – FY25, FY26 and FY27. Alongside this we will continue to develop and support our portfolio of existing games, including Elite Dangerous, our F1® Manager franchise, and Realms of Ruin.
- According to the last Livestream, we were due a patch towards the end of November/ Beginning of December, but no announcements have been made (yet).
- GalNet News Round Up | 24 November 3309
Community news – what is the community up to??
- Buckyball race (“Close Encounters Of The Bucky Kind”)
- Here’s one to make people feel old – Last week it was the 9th Anniversary of the Launch Event.
- There was a charity streamathon in aid of Stack Up over the weekend hosted by a lot of Elite Dangerous CMDRs and they raised in excess of $5k for the veteran supporting charity. https://stackup.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.team&teamID=5524
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- Thu 23rd Nov – [CG RESULT] MINING CAMPAIGN IN LHS 3872 CONCLUDES
- Fri 24th Nov – AZIMUTH BIOTECH: ‘WE CAN SERVE ALLIANCE’
- Tuesday 28th Nov – November Thargoid War Update
- Thargoid war status
- 301 systems remain under thargoid control (down by 10).
- The Taranis Titan is now completely isolated.
- A large number of the spire sites have gone inactive.
- However, there may be up to 9 systems under invasion next week( depending on the number of Successful Alerts). Humanity hasn’t cleared as many Alerts as usual, which has left the door open for some enemy activity.
- Stygian paint jobs are back.and have 30% off!
- Sale Still On 30% off until December
- Thargoid war – what’s next?
- If you are being attacked by Federal or Imperial Agents for no reason, check to see if your pledged to a power (Blue Haired Princess, we are looking at you). If you are, you are considered a valid target to those ships and they will attempt to destroy you, especially if you haven’t cashed in any outstanding powerplay vouchers.
Any other business
- Half-Life: 25th Anniversary Documentary
- The Dex Legacy season 2, returns with an explosive and thrilling adventure, interlude 1 “Secondary Subjects”, Premiered tonight on Lave Radio. You can find further information at thedexlegacy.com, including links to the paperback book “The Dex Legacy Season 1 – Collected Scripts and Commentary” by Emily Inkpen and also The Complete Season 2 in HD audio.
- The Planescape Torment unofficial story Podcast is now up to episode 40 (and there’s still a long way to go). You can find details at https://shows.acast.com/planescape-torment-the-unofficial-audio-series and support it over at https://ko-fi.com/revocergm
- Roll For Adventure is on this week, Sunday will be the conclusion of Shemshime’s Bedtime Rhyme and you can catch up here Candlekeep Mysteries Episode 6! | Roll for Adventure | Shemshime’s Bedtime Rhyme
Question of the week – What additions would you like to see in the store for your CMDR customisation?
I really really really want an imperial suit! Bask in her glory and all that.
People went crazy for the hoods, but my CMDR wants a snazzy cape!
- LCU No Fool Like One
I need a labcoat. But that aside, what I would really like is to be able to use ship decals on an arm patch or breast patch.
More light-coloured suits please. Yes, all the black ones do look really amazing – but I always switch back to a white one because they’re better in pictures/videos.
Aside from suits: I kinda want more hair styles and more decals.
- Cylus Resi
Either “exo” attachments like mechanical upgrades or robot legs/arms, proper cyborg style, but maybe only available from Jacques Station.
Not really desperate for it to appear, since we have it, but I’m a HUGE fan of head-coverings that go over helmets; hoods like with the Wraith set, or especially wraps, like with the Nomad set. Love that kind of thing.
ok well lets pretend the backpacks are separate from suits but a cosmetic pack maybe one with wings that deploy when disembarked or with weird thrusters maybe even a santa bag to go with all of the other x-mas swag that would be a quick way to get me to restock on arx points
Also, more animal heads (monkey head please!).
Some might complain about the Fortnite-ification of the game. But really? It’s 3309 and if I want to wear a space helmet that looks like a gorilla then I’m going to!
Also, more colours. Lots of the suits are really drab.
(I’ll restrain myself here because it’s so easy to come up with a shopping list of options….)
- CMDR duck0
In winter, I tend to wear a long warm coat. I want a long, flappy, warm coat. Possibly brown.
- Chris Mk V
I’d love to see the return of the year of the tiger set
In fact I hope they bring out more cool stuff just to upset those people who get their arse in their hand about it
- Chebs Will
mankini 😮 I’d like to let out my inner Borat!! Nice
Personally I am happy with any suit, so long as it’s black…
I want deely boppers like you would not believe. And a chest plate decal if the outfit has the option for one.
- Our sister station, (According to Google Bard) Insignificant Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeetleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.