|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Apple Bobbing Banksy||Alec “Terrifying” Turner||Alec Turner|
|Head of Death and Disaster||Ben “Monstrous” Moss-Woodward||Eid LeWeise|
|Undead Liaison Officer||Clare “Ghostly” Good||Psykit|
|Chief GraveYard Officer||Colin “Frightening” Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|Standby Tech Nessie||Chris Mk IV||Newell Turner|
|Tech Kelpie In Training||Chris Mk V||Little Big Yin|
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Sally is leaving Frontier!
Community news – what is the community up to??
- Down to Earth Astronomy is shutting down his channel..This Channel is Shutting is down in 2 months
- TLDR: He’s wanting to move his focus back to “Space Stuff” on Cosmic Curiosity in the new year.
- The Best Space Game In The Galaxy You’ve Never Played (Breaker of Worlds)
- Why Elite: Dangerous is an AMAZING Game (SpecterElite)
- The Dark Peak Race by IREA (Black Sparrow)
An SRV/fighter mountain climb race by Independent Russian Explorers Association, sister of IEA (Independent Explorers Association)
- Élite Dangereuse adventures
Immerse yourself in the game’s lore with our adventures scripted. We show you everything you need and guide you step by step. We make sure to put you in the most captivating as captivating as possible, including audio dubbing of the newspapers you may find during your adventures. For each aventure you earn points that represent your “score” on the site. A global ranking shows you where you stand. What’s more, you can earn unique badges.
- New High wake video
- The Escapist has done an Elite Dangerous Article covering the Salome incident! The Author Hunted by His Own Fans in Elite Dangerous | The Stuff of Legends
- Commander Ascorbius has been animating again. His latest 7 minute epic is ‘The Collision Event’
- Elite Dangerous Halloween Event | Signals in Shamash Psykit covered the Halloween event and has created a highlight of the experience
- Buckyball results
If you have a community event taking place soon and would like for us to shout about it across the airwaves tweet the crew @laveradio or email email@example.com
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- 26th Oct – Mysterious Phenomenon Triggers Violent Attacks
- 27th Oct – Eliminate Threat of Grey Swan Fleet
- 30th Oct – Vox Galactica looks at the war’s progress against the Thargoids
- 31st Oct – Aegis Prioritises research into the Thargoid Spire Sites
- It seems that the spires are not having any positive effect for the thargoids, infact several sites have gone dormant. With All alerts contained this week (which mean no new invasions, next week), the thargoids are beginning to be pushed back on all front, predicted to fall to 350 systems next week. (See the Thargoid Overwatch Site for Details).
- Wraith Spectre Grey
- Wraith Spectre Blue
- Wraith Spectre Green
- Wraith Spectre Purple
- Wraith Spectre Red
Any other business
- Europa Clipper “Message In a Bottle”
Join the mission and have your name engraved on NASA’s Europa Clipper spacecraft as it travels 1.8 billion miles to explore one of Jupiter’s moons, Europa, an ocean world that may support life. Sign your name today to the Message in a bottle…
- QOTW – What’s the spookiest thing you can do or find in Elite?
I’ve found landing on the dark side of planet at the edge of the galaxy is quite spooky, looking up and there is just nothing but darkness.
- CMDR Homborger
I find black holes to be one of the creepiest, spookiest phenomena in the game. They really give me the willies (in a good way). I have a sidewinder, called the Palomino (guess the reference sci-fi buffs) that is used purely for visiting the black hole HIP 34707b.
Gen ship Thetis and the audio Logs Madness and Ghosts is right up there with the creepy factor. Visiting any of the abandoned bases in the dark, especially the ones with that green haze. Also the INRA log whistleblower goes really hard and does funny things to my spine.
- Ben Moss-Woodward
The Guardian Sites – especially in the dark (and why do they always seem to be in the dark???!)
- CMDR Oddisaurus
In a universe with so much life, stumbling across derelict ships in the dark is always spooky.
They were eerie in the 70’s and they remain eerie to this day!
- Cylus Resi
The generation ships or the old abandoned sites, huge, remote and shrouded in mystery, along with cracking voice acting. I love visiting them and poking around. I know I won’t find anything new but I get so immersed!
There was a machinima video many years ago (competition entry?) featuring a lone pilot out in the black in a Cobra (or maybe a Python?). They kept looking nervously at the empty chair to their right. The tension built and the final scene was a genuinely terrifying jump scare as they check again only to see a hideous corpse like figure sitting there looking back at them! It’s stayed with me ever since and I’ve never been entirely comfortable with those empty seats.
- Some of the Far god sites, with the logs of people not wanting to go.
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Unfortunately no Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeetleJude.However we have a spooky halloween story
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.