|Chris Mk IV
Download the episode directly from here.
Community news – what is the community up to??
- SpecterElite’s “The Complete Story of Elite: Dangerous” video.
Incredibly detailed and very well narrated half hour ED in-game history recap. Mentions Klaxxians/Oresrians split so some unofficial lore content but on the whole very well researched and presented.
- PROtoKOPs “Travelling, I forget how to breathe…” video.
On the face of it more of the same from PROtoKOPs with his distinctive transition effects but read the video description, there’s more to this than meets the eye on first watch.
- Alec’s “Full demonstration of EDCoPilot’s incredible new “time trial” feature” video.
- Scorb’s The Aftermath Supercut is now live in 4k Elite Dangerous: The Aftermath – Full version – Supercut – 4k 60
- BRC Pareco Run provisional results
If you have a community event taking place soon and would like for us to shout about it across the airwaves tweet the crew @laveradio or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- Thu 31st Aug – HUMAN PRESENCE CAUSES THARGOID WITHDRAWAL
- Thu 31st Aug – In game messages ‘The Truth About The Vanishing’
- Fri 1st Sep – AEGIS LEAK CONFIRMS VANISHING POPULATIONS
- Fri 1st Sep – [CG Result] MATERIALS RECEIVED TO CONSTRUCT DUVAL STATUES
- Mon 5th Sep – WALLGLASS TO PROBE RACKHAM’S PAST
- Fer-De-Lance Sortie Paintjobs
Any other business
- Spelldrifter combines the puzzle-like positional tactics of a turn-based RPG free no the Epic Store from the 7th September to 14th September
- Roll for Adventure is back on Sunday!
- QOTW – Pimp your SRV!
- Alec Turner
From the top … furry dice, blue tinted TONY and SANDRA sun strip across the windscreen, sub woofers on the back shelf + graphic equaliser, an engine piston gear knob, chrome exhaust extension, a Richard Grant flexi boot spoiler and alloy hub caps (guess which I actually had)
Beaded seat covers, fluffy steering wheel cover, pine tree shaped air freshener, stick on eyelashes on the headlights.
I’m going ALL IN
- Tom Kewell
Made of Lego paint job and ship kit.
Also a chalks/pastels “painted by @CMDRBeetlejude” paint job.
- Jude added – And a trail of raffle tickets streaming from the back!
- Ken Dobson
A drop down bulldozer blade just like the firefly in the original thunderbird series, think of the fun u could have with the scavengers LOL
I would pay arxx for an outdoor BBQ cooking station kit on my Scarab. We could then have squad cookouts on Oxygen Atmos Planets. What could go wrong?….
- Cmdr Grokwix
Camo paintjob for the Scorpion.
- Cylus Resi
Furry dice and a replacement “red alert” bulb, obvs
- CMDR Streya
Purely cosmetic kits might be fun. Roll cages, tow cables, extra searchlights, sensor dishes, etc. They could honestly do a “Hazard” kit for the Scorpion and a “Survey” kit for the Scarab.
- CMDR Judson Crandall
The ability to name our SRVs would be great ! And a lunar jeep-like paintjob
- CMDR Banana_Phoenix
Bumper Stickers with things like “to Colonia or bust” or “Eat my Space Dust”.
- Jorn 🏳️🌈 Six-Shooter
A radio! Tinted windows
- Chebs Will
We’ve got a few ideas 🙂 young un suggested a claw attachment to take samples like the artemis suit. Also more vehicles to choose from. A ‘crab’ srv that has the artemis attachment for sampling plants, because crabs like grabbing things 🙂 More and varied paintjobs. I thought of streamers, attached to the srv can be used like ribbon gymastics 😉 Different tyre types… spiked tyres for frozen planets, monster truck type tyres for rocky places.
- Ben – A Generic Non Brand Pine Tree Air Freshener, Stuck On You Garfield on a side window, Baby on Board sign, My other srv’s a Scorpion / Scarab as appropriate, Metal Chance Cubes (like on the falcon) – TBH all of these would work on a ship ship too… How about some underlighting and neon’s for the SRV though?
- Alec Turner
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeetleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.