|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Head of Health and Safety||Ben Moss-Woodward||Eid LeWeise|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|(in)Human Resources Director||Shan||Shan|
|Operation Eye Duh!||Zayn Till|
|Operation Ida||Jagged Mallard|
|Tech Monkey||Norman MacArthur||Ventura_|
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Elite Streamer Cmdr Plater (That’s Joe Plater for all those that), has been made a patron of the Thyriod Cancer Charity who has managed to raise so much money for using a 24 hour Elite Stream.
- Operation Ida is holding it’s 2nd Annual HAULiday Haul which commemorates the 2 year of the initial attacks by Thargoids in 3303 & the 2nd Thargoid/Human War as well as our origin as a group. We’ll be fundraising for the cancer Research Institute and holding events during the 4 weeks of the Hauliday Haul including a one day station repair, convoys, races etc. last years Haul was a lot of fun and we were able to get the word out regarding what we do to the community, engage people in various activities and even raised over $1100 as well.
- The Christmas Carriers Convoy is having it’s 4th Christmas Convoy with the goal to create comfort for the colonists of Colonia by bringing gifts from the bubble, and some drugs. Actually, mainly drugs. Well, my ship anyway. Actually, my ship is full of nothing other than drugs, the finest onionhead (of both varieties) that money can buy.
We launch on the 1st of December, which has become the tradition, and arrive on the 24th in Centralis. Right now we’ve got about 100 signups on EDSM. Waypoints have been chosen to kind of describe a 4 on the galaxy map, and take in some attractive sights along the way. There’s racing events and SRV-ball (I’m not entirely sure what SRV-ball is, but no doubt some SRVs will be harmed in the process) planned on the way.
It’s organised by the SOTP (Shadow of the Phoenix) in association with the CCN (Colonia Citizens Network). Launch system is Karbon (with a K)
- Register on EDSM
- Ghost Giraffe – Star within a Star
- i.e. HIP 24020 which is within HIP 24019 is a bug in ED
- BUT is also a REAL LIFE Feature called a Thorne-Żytkow Object https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/416173943519576064/648958706754519051/Thorne-Zytkow_Object.mp3
- It is when a Red Super Giant essentially swallows a Neutron Star, so that the Neutron Star resides within the Red Super Giant
- This is possible because the Red Super Giant is REALLLLY BIG i.e. if we had one in Sol, it would expand out past Jupiter!!! Neutron Stars are tiny (The size of a city) and really rather dense. So the Neutron just ‘plops’ into the Star and doesn’t really give a damn 🙂
- HIP 108876 may be one in the game, but so much is speculative!
- What is the one thing you would have designed differently in Elite Dangerous? – Send an email to us at email@example.com
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at tv.forthemug.com/ or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders