|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Head of Health and Safety||Ben Moss-Woodward||Eid LeWeise|
|Staff Liaison Officer||Clare Good||Psykit|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|Apprentice Stunt Diver||Alec Turner||Alec Turner|
|Tech Monkey||Norman MacArthur||Ventura_|
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- 21 Sep – Demands for Azimuth to Face Justice
- 22 Sep – Aisling Requests Rare Items to Fund Charity
- 23 Sep – Alliance-Sirius Pact Prepares New Taskforce
- 23 Sep – Deep Space ‘Anomalies’ Generate Discussion
- 26 Sep – Federal Crackdown on Thargoid Worshippers
- UIA – According to down to earth astronomy,
Store Alert (every second show)
- Let your passengers experience true elegance with Orca Expressway paint job!
- Orca Expressway Voyage
- Orca Expressway Journey
- Orca Expressway Passage
- Orca Expressway Wayfare
- Orca Expressway Wander
- Orca Expressway Venture
“It’s time to test your metal! The Scorpion Galvanized paint jobs are now in store!”
- Scorpion Galvanised Palladium
- Scorpion Galvanised Malachite
- Scorpion Galvanised Copper
- Scorpion Galvanised Cobalt
- Scorpion Galvanised Bronze
- Scorpion Galvanised Brass
- As someone on the forums pointed out, it is now 4 years since we last had a new ship. So we’re going to look over the old ships and see if any of them are relevant or has their original role already been taken by existing ships-
- Boa * :
- Cobra Mk 1 *
- Constrictor *
- Harris Fighter
- Hawk Airfighter
- Interplanetary Shuttle
- Alec’s forum questionnaire – If Frontier were to add a new ship, give three attributes of that ship (and they can be anything from aesthetics to specific ship stat’s) that you’d like to see in that new ship.
- Mad Mike: I would like a more mining focussed SLF (its still a ship right?) or if that is outside the scope of the question then a full on ship aimed towards mining. Able to equip ALL the mining tools, a decent amount of limpets as well as a mining SLF that i can deploy and scan asteroids with whilst letting mothership wait whilst collecting from a previously mined out rock. Ideally reasonable cargo, but a medium sized ship. I user a T10 now but its a bit sluggish to move around a belt. Probably too much to ask but also have it able to equip a mining machine (cant remember its name) from Frontier 1st encounters that i could deposit and come back to.
- Zieman: Moray Starboat, sold only in Dodec Stations orbiting Water Worlds.
- Vardaugas: Large short-range-high-volume hauler
- Medium short-range-high-volume hauler
- Small Alliance Navy
- Small Federation Navy
- Medium Imperial Navy
- Interplanetary Shuttle and Lifter
- Medium tourist boat
- Cmdr Numa: First and foremost I just want the Panther LX finally out. As for completely new ships:
- A large explorer, probably imperial, weak combat stats, big FSD (class 8 ?), plenty of internals, magnificent cockpit view.
- A large combat ship with more direct firepower than the Corvette but no fighter bay.
- HRDiagram: Here’s my dream ship in 3 attributes:
- Vertical development (taller than wider), so that it has to enter the mailslot sideways to fit (barely)
- Very long, so that it has to fold in half just before landing, to fit on a large landing pad
- A distribution of attitude thrusters that would only allow clockwise rolling (for reference, the mailslot rolls counter clockwise when approached from outside)
- E.D.I.S.O.N. has been updated to version 5.2 (beta)! https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/e-d-i-s-o-n-orbital-and-surface-navigation-waypoints.372326/page-8#post-9904165
- Navigation now works while on foot.
- Surface Waypoints (Public Output)
- Min ED Launcher
- How to set it up…
- Copy MinEdLauncher.exe to your game folder
- Make a shortcut to “MinEdLauncher”
- In the “Target” add your arguments
- “F:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\EDLaunch\MinEdLauncher.exe”
- /frontier [Profile_Name] – this can be anything but it corresponds to a profile name saved to localAppData
- /edo – Play Odyssey (/edh or /edh4 are appropriate alternative arguments)
- /autorun – Just go right in to ED
- /autoquit – Quit the launcher
- /vr – Play in VR
- “F:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\EDLaunch\MinEdLauncher.exe” /frontier [Profile_Name] /edo /autorun /autoquit /vr
- Then you can make a copy / move your shortcut to where you want it (i.e. your Windows Start menu)
- Nopil3os – FSS: lucrative spectral areas (“ANAL” … but I don’t know what’s best for atmospheric landables in odyssey yet)
Any other business
- Canonn’s UIA Tracker – https://map.canonn.tech/route_uia.html
- Epic Games Free game this week ARK: Survival Evolved and Gloomhaven.
- NASA’s Dart Mission
- Eid wants to give a quick o7 to Cmdr Electro 4ce who he bumped into in the DW2 group while doing the CG
- While the team on Dex Island take a well earned break before their series 2 return, there’s plenty of material to fill the void. Point your auto assistant to your favourite podcast app – including Spotify and audible – and search The Dex Legacy. There you’ll find bonus edition interviews with cast members and with the writer, Emily Inkpen! There’s also plenty of bonus materials and merch at www.thedexlegacy.com! All proceeds go towards the making of season 2!
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeatleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.