Download the episode directly from here.
|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Staff Liaison Officer||Clare Good||Psykit|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|Apprentice Stunt Diver||Alec Turner||Alec Turner|
|Guests||Mack Winston||Mack Winston|
|Tech Monkey||Norman MacArthur||Ventura_|
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Rock Paper Shotgun interview
- “We’re not trying to be done with Odyssey.”
- No new specifics but they are rethinking better ways of doing it
- No plans to integrate odyssey into the base game
- Main focus is on 4.0
- Try to make sure all players on all versions can partake in the narrative
- “We’re going to reward players who invest their time to explore and finds things to reengage again with the sort of content that we have. There’s going to be new things to play with, new toys. We’re very much looking forward to seeing what happens.”
- Frameshift Live 15 (a day early due to F1 Manager) –
- Sally and Bruce have an argument about is it H.I.P. two two four six zero or Hip twenty-two four sixty?
- Dev Derin is on discussing his reaction to update 13 (as he was away on holiday) and some thargoid and Guardian discussion.
- 30-08-2022 – Discovery Scanner – September is going to cover the release of 4.0 to people without Odyssey and the console transfer window.
- Frameshift Live 16 will be on the 7th of September at 4:00.
- The Console Transfer process is being trialled.Invited commanders are testing out the process, ahead of people using it for the 12th.
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- 25-08-3308 – Salvation confirmed dead
- 25-08-3308 – Material Boost for Alliance Megaships
- 26-08-3308 – Retrial requested for Admiral Tanner
- 27-08-3308 – Fears Rise of Thargoid Expansion
- 30-08-3308 – A new chapter for Azimuth
- 01-09-3308 – Empire Shifts Anti-Xeno Strategy
- 01-09-3308 – Supply Mined Materials to Azimuth Biotech
- 02-09-3308 – Remarkable ‘Lost Planet’ Rediscovered
- 05-09-3308 – Unexplained ‘Flare’ Detected in Deep Space
- 05-09-3308 – Experts Speculate on Thargoid Behaviour
- 06-09-3308 – ‘Xeno-Peace’ Discussions Gain Momentum
Store Alert (every second show) [link]
- Transport your guests in style! 6 new Dolphin Expressway paint jobs are now available in the store!
- Grab your plastic shades and crank up the synthwave.
🎨 The Overdrive paint job is now available for the Asp Explorer and all your retro needs.
- Cosmetic sale!
- Discounts across the course of the sale will include:
- 45% off Ship Kits, Raider Packs, COVAS and Odyssey Weapon Skins.
- 30% off Paint Jobs and Weapon and Engine Colours.
- 20% off Hazard Packs and Odyssey Gear Sets.
- Discounts across the course of the sale will include:
- The Thargoid Death Star?
- 30th August
- Something is approaching the Oochorrs UF-J c11-0.
- Estimated to be 60 hours away
- There is marked increase in hyperdictions around Oochorrs UF-J c11-0.
- 31st August
- Both reported on by Galnet News Digest and Obsidian Ant.
- Velocity appears to be 0.8ly a minute or 2001c (or warp 12.6 / 9.2)
- Commanders have discovered a unique sound if you point the FSS at it.
- Appears to be coming from the permit-locked NGC 2264 Sector RE-Y C14-0 system.
- ETA, just after the server tick on Thursday.
- 1st September
- People gather in the Oochorrs UF-J c11-0 mostly on B3 (which is an atmospheric moon).
- Estimated to arrive in system between 20:00 and 21:00 hrs 1/9/3308.
- It Arrived and left heading in a new direction.
- There are lots of new wrecks appearing in the system.
- 2nd September
- 3rd September
- Hyperdictions are up around both Oochorrs UF-J c11-0 and Oochorrs BS-F c13-0. These are the new Aggressive attacks where they attack as soon
- 5th September
- Oochorrs BS-F c13-0
- Arrived at 20:00 and moved on.
- 6th September
- Target appears to be HD 38291, which it appears to pass through today
- It appears to be doing 30LY a day. It’s like its doing Max supercruise!
- 30th August
Tharg-Star will only get somewhere when Odyssey 4.0 is ready?
Where do you think it’s heading?
You can follow the Anomaly out of game via the tracker that Canonn have made over at https://map.canonn.tech/route_uia.html
- BUCKYBALL Update – Scores are in for the Buckyball Racing Club’s Mischief mile, and psykit made it out of the one point club!
- FORMIDINE RIFT EXPEDITION at the Delphi, Carrier TAT Kosmos Gopiy (QBW-56V) near the station “The Oracle”
- Open for all players, You need only the main game (3.8), Open for all platforms – On September 3rd, Delphi will launch an expedition into the Formidine Rift. The carrier TAT Kosmos Gopiy (QBW-56V) will serve as the base for the entire duration of the expedition. The primary goal is further exploration and mapping of the sector. Equipment will remain offline during the voyage, so please make sure your ships are already fully equipped. The shipyard will be online for the duration of the expedition. The planned route passes through some stellar nebulae and places of interest. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Tritium donations are welcome.
- EIC have an announcement for Community Corner today by the way:
As console transfers are on the horizon there will be those who are already on their Xbox/PS engineering path and want to progress on PC and those who may want a fresh start. Either way the East India Company (EIC) would like to be there for everyone by offering free commodities to unlock Horizons engineers in the Bubble and Colonia for one month following the official FDev transfer date for ALL CMDRs, whether they are transferring from consoles or not..
All you need to do is mention Operation: Consolation when you place your order and there will be no charge for it.
Any CMDR who wishes to help EIC from now until one month after the official FDev transfer date by carrying out trades, partaking in loading parties, or supplying any goods to EIC will receive the tag “Operation: Consolation”.
The East India Company – *Despite our history, we’re actually quite nice now….*
- The Distant Legacy Expedition starts later this month: Leaving from Pallaeni, Distant Legacy is an homage to the Distant Worlds expeditions of the past, and a final sendoff for our console CMDRs and the Horizons platform. https://www.edsm.net/en/expeditions/summary/id/181/name/Distant+Legacy
- CQC Event :- TACTICAL THURSDAY:
Capture the Flag Event
When: Thursday 8th September 2022 (3308)
Recommended Ships: GU-97 and F63 Fighter’s
Place: Horizons CTF Arena
Ship-Clock Time: 18:00 – 20:00 UTC
- The AXI have organised a Finance Friday (consider it training for new anti-tharg pilots). For more details , join the AXI Discord at https://discord.gg/antixenoinitiative
Any other business
- We would like to wish the Chris Mrk 4, a Happy Birthday (06/09/2022). Hope you’re having a wonderful day from all at Lave Radio.
- While the team on Dex Island take a well earned break before their series 2 return, there’s plenty of material to fill the void. Point your auto assistant to your favourite podcast app – including Spotify and audible – and search The Dex Legacy. There you’ll find bonus edition interviews with cast members and with the writer, Emily Inkpen! There’s also plenty of bonus materials and merch at www.thedexlegacy.com! All proceeds go towards the making of season 2!
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeatleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.