|(in)Human Resources Director||Shan||Shan|
|Squee monkey||Cmdr Kerrash|
|Wandered in by accident||Cmdr Yanick|
|Cmdr Mack Winston|
|Tech Monkey||Norman MacArthur||Ventura_|
Download the episode directly from here
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Elite stream will be on Wednesday this week and Guardian focused. https://www.elitedangerous.com/news/discovery-scanner-22082022
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- Wed 17th Aug – Mysteries of the Thargoids
- Fri 19th Aug – Palin and Ram Tah Seek Unclassified Relics
- Mon 22nd Aug – A Day of Remembrance for HIP 22460
Store Alert (every second show) [link]
- VIPER MK III CROSSFIRE (Black, Brown, Blue, Green, Grey, Red)
Fireside chat. Probably won’t ask these directly but using this as a guide so we don’t go too far off track :). It needs to feel natural, like a chat at a pub or lavecon. So less of an interview and more of using the below as an aide memoir.
- Your gaming background, the sorts of games you enjoy and have played for ages.
- Why was that? What kept you coming back?
- What do you think game mechanics, progression,balance and narrative means?
- In your experience what are the stand out examples of these and what did you dislike. Why?
- Same question but for Elite
What is “end game” in Elite? What do you think Fdev want it to be, and how has “end game” changed over time (e.g is it ships? Credits? Pilot Fed rank or something less tangible(if so what))
There are two basic sorts of game progression, horizontal (overall power levels stay the same, but there are other incentives to play(additional modules,skills etc or cosmetics) and vertical(more power, better gear. Levels etc). What do you like and dislike about both. What direction do you think ED is going in?
Does balance really matter? Do we think “the meta” hurts or benefits gameplay or longevity?. Any ship/on foot builds you like to use and why?
How would you rate the ED narrative when compared to other games? What do you like and dislike about the way it’s being delivered and how would you do it(given the limitations of the game engine/dev time etc)
- Passage to Andromeda Expedition
- The Buckyball Racing Club Presents – Mischief Mile: Rebooted (Magic 8-Ball Championship, Race 7) (Updated link)
Any other business
- Epic Store giving away Doom 64 for free till the 25/08/22 https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/doom-64
- Today’s episode of The Dex Legacy was the last in the Current series, for more information including all episodes, Interviews and other bonus material goto thedexlegacy.com.
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeatleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.