|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Head of Health and Safety||Ben Moss-Woodward||Eid LeWeise|
|Staff Liaison Officer||Clare Good||Psykit|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|(in)Human Resources Director||Shan||Shan|
|Tech Gibbon||Chris Mk IV||Newell Turner|
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- DISCOVERY SCANNER – 30/05/2022
- Howard Chalkley has updated the API https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/journal-docs-for-odyssey-release.575010/page-3#post-9852088
- Version 34 – Changes for Odyssey up to update12 (May 2022)
- BookTaxi: add “retreat” flag
- CodexEntry: add BodyID
- BuyMicroResources: multi-buy format added
- FCMaterials – fleet carrier materials pricelist
- FSSBodySignals: extra info during a scan (actually from Update 6 last year)
- Bugfix: Resurrect event was sometimes written with blank strings
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- Thu 26th May – Derelict Generation Ship Undergoes Repairs
- Thu 26th May – Kumo Crew Crushes Rebellion [CG RESULT]
- Fri 27th May – Rackham Announces Presidential Candidacy
- Mon 30th May – New Discovery Links Azimuth to INRA
Store Alert (every second show) [link]
- Asp Speedway: Available in Red, Green, Pink, Black, Yellow, Blue
We have a plot!
- Alec Turner is doing a srv circumnavigation of Col 359 Sector BE-Q c6-0 7 b in Odyssey and posting it on you tube (He’s up to day 4) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzCgAKC2Bw0
- Obsidian Ant did a 1 year retrospective of Odyssey.
- DinkleyBird on the forums has discovered a command prompt to launch Horizons with the Odyssey flight model. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/horizons-odyssey-compatibility.574677/post-9851695
- Psykit found out today from PhoenixBlue that when taking missions, takedown missions will take you to anarchy systems so you can destroy all witnesses without concern for your bounty or notoriety.
Any other business
- Karen – Please could you remind people that Platinum VIP tickets and upgrades will be unavailable after 1st June (tomorrow) as Karen needs time to order the items. She will also be ordering polo’s and fleeces, so if you want these do order soon.
Polo’s and fleeces will still be available, but sizes will be limited by the order, so to guarantee we have your size you need to order now!
- Episode 3 Of The Dex Legacy – Interlude 1 – The Brilliant Minds That Rule”, will premiere on Lave Radio next week (07/06/2022) at 20:00. More information on The Dex Legacy goto thedexlegacy.com
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Algorab AM: An Elite Dangerous Podcast
- Cannon Podcast
- For Spanish Speakers there is the Elite Cast
- Fatherhood Podcast
- Flight Assist
- The Guard Frequency (who do other space sims)
- Loose Screws
- Squeaking Fuel
- For those who want a literary discussion about Sci-fi and fantasy books. Please subscribe to the Dataslate podcast created by station commander Allen Stroud.
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeatleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.
When naming a cat, the final choice should always be something you are happy to shout out of the back door to get them to come in.
In this case, there is a Hobbes theme, and this could be complicating factor in terms of the first spec point. Consider how comfortable you would be shouting:
• “Bossman” or “Jazz”; to invoke other original Wing Commander pilots
• “Etienne ‘Doomsday’ Montclair”; another Wing Commander pilot, but with Elite Dangerous resonance. You can then just shorten to ‘Etienne’ if the cat demonstrates disturbing tendencies
• “Ralgha nar Hallas”; The real name of Hobbes in Wing Commander (note: neighbours may attempt the Heimlich maneuver on you if shouted repeatedly.)