|Staff Liaison Officer
|(in)Human Resources Director
|Chris Mk IV
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Hotfix 10.02 | 03/02/2022
- A number of fixes to address stability issues have been implemented.
- Some of these fixes contribute further to the plight to tackle crashes encountered when loading Odyssey from the main menu.
- Further code stability support fixes have been implemented.
- A number of fixes to address stability issues have been implemented.
- Zac was quite active on Monday. We got this response to a query about retaining player numbers :- Interesting post, thank you! As far as new content goes, the Azimuth saga has been regularly adding new mysteries in the galaxy for players to come together and solve. Similarly we saw the return of Galnet and Community Goals and like you said, the recent CG was a huge success in terms of player participation. There’s still plenty more to come in terms of narrative, but as others in the thread have said, a lot of the beauty of Elite comes from the player-created events, which I’m hoping the Community Event Calendar will help support – as well as more frequent shout outs from us in the CM team via streams and weekly posts soon.
- When queried about when things might restart he replied :- Giving a ‘soon’ TM because I don’t have a concrete date for you right now – definitely on the sooner TM side than the later TM side.
- According to Steam Charts player numbers have begun to slip again. Down 2.4% on January’s figures. Although the numbers are still 40% up from their lowest point in September.
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- 03-Feb-3308 – ACT asks for help tracing the NMLA network Spoiler Warning !
- This has led to four smaller treasure hunts. Each day a new beacon was uncovered with an encrypted message.
- HIP 290 – From a signal called ‘Imperial Beacon’ around HIP 290 B2c
- This is Torquatus. Abandon work on establishing a new NMLA figurehead. no existing candidates have sufficient support to replace Theta Seven. His martyrdom was expected but has unfortunately happened ahead of schedule. For now concentrate on avoiding detection. There will be other chances to remove the remaining Duvals.
- Commanders who scanned this listening post received a follow-up inbox message the next day:
- Commander, this is Captain Landau.
- The deciphered message from the HIP 290 system revealed the name ‘Torquatus’, who we believe to be Senator Ursula Torquatus. This is a revelation, since she has avoided all suspicion until now. The fact that she openly identified herself proves that she believed the Omega Grid was totally secure.
- Now that our detection strategy is confirmed, we have triangulated signals from a second beacon somewhere in the Saffron system. l have provided another partial cipher key that should apply to its contents. Please continue helping us to track down the NMLA’s benefactors.
- Saffron – From a signal called ‘Unidentified beacon’ close to Cresswell Starport near planet Ectoplasm
- Ursula, it’s Alberto again, you have to help me. I’ve left Capitol with my family to avoid IISS questioning. What if that Landau woman really can crack our Omega Grid? Karl promised me that was impossible! You know I’ve always been loyal to you and the other lords but never dreamt our work could expose me personally. Do something!
- The reference to Karl is a reference to Karl Nerva – previously mentioned in Galnet in relation to the IISS secret prison where the Theta Group was held, and also denying the existence of the Omega Grid.
- The follow-up message the next day was:
- Your contribution to ACT‘s work is proving to be invaluable.
- The Omega Grid beacon you found in the Saffron system provided the names of two more senators: Alberto Gereon and Karl Nerva. They were working with Ursula Torquatus and others who refer to themselves as ‘Lords’. How far does this conspiracy reach?
- With the data recovered so far, we theorise that another Omega Grid beacon exists in the Maidjin system. l have provided another cipher key, but again it is incomplete. l have faith in your ability to overcome this.
- Maidjin – A signal called ‘Network Beacon’ is near 5d. Decoded message reads:
- Colonel Br?ck reporting to senator Nerva. We’ve had to disband the remaining training camps, my soldiers caught and executed several ACT agents among the latest intake. If you want us to continue working for the Lords of Restoration we must renegotiate our agreement. The current situation is not sustainable.
- The name of the colonel is not clear from the message – the specific vowel is not specified, so it could be Brick / Brock / Brack etc
- The follow-up message the next day reads:
- The beacon you found in the Maidjin system has provided a huge piece of the puzzle!
- Darkwater Inc is one of—the largest private mercenary groups in the core systems. We now have evidence that it provided military training to NMLA terrorists. Darkwater’s employers referred to themselves as the Lords of Restoration, but the significance of this name remains unclear.
- Thanks to this and other breakthroughs, we have identified the Zhao Jin system as another likely location for an Omega Grid beacon. Our analysts had difficulty establishing the latest cipher key, so we are relying on your expertise to decipher whatever messages you may find.
- Zhao Jin – The message is held in a signal called ‘Communication Beacon’ around planet 5 a. The decoded message reads:
- This is Torquatus. Colonel Br?ck, our agents within Imperial Intelligence have warned us that ACT is making progress on accessing our network. You are ordered to transfer Cryogenic Pod E-16 from the Summerland Complex to an alternative system as soon as possible. This must be our top priority. If we lose Arissa, the project is finished. Darkwater Inc has Summerland as its Headquarters according to the system’s description.
- The final follow-up message reads:
- With your assistance, we have solved a year-long mystery: the whereabouts of Emperor Arissa Lavigny-Duval.
- The message found in the Zhao Jin system confirms that the Lords of Restoration ordered Darkwater troops to abduct the Emperor and keep her captive. This implies that their agents within Imperial Intelligence have been falsifying her communications with the Senate ever since. Specialist operatives have now been dispatched to locate and recover Her Majesty.
- On behalf of ACT, thank you for playing a vital part in this work.
- Captain Saskia Landa
- See cannon’s link on the subject – https://canonn.science/codex/omega-grid/
- 04-Feb-3308 – Hudson is trying to remove the presidential Time limit.
- 07-Feb-3308 – The fall of Aegis – Continues to be closed down despite evidence to show the Alexandria wasn’t their fault.
- 08-Feb-3308 – Concerns Raised over Alliance-Sirius Pact
- The recent battle in the Reorte system has caused Sirius Corporation to question the terms of its partnership with the Alliance.
- The Alliance Tribune’s political correspondent Vanya Driscoll reported:
- “When Sirius Corporation megaships arrived in four Allied systems, it’s fair to assume they anticipated a degree of public resistance. But being directly attacked by the Reorte Mining Coalition clearly wasn’t part of their risk assessment.”
- “Li Yong-Rui has urgently sought assurances from the Alliance that such conflicts will not happen again. The megacorp’s CEO claimed that he has a duty to protect his employees from aggression by their own clients.”
- “In response, Prime Minister Edmund Mahon personally guaranteed that this unfortunate incident was a one-off, stressing that Sirius personnel have been welcomed in the Alioth, Arimpox and Di Jian systems. He added that the Alliance Defence Force is working closely with Admiral Nikolas Glass, the Sirius Navy’s representative.”
- “But others in the Assembly are now openly questioning the wisdom of the strategic defence pact. Although Councillor Nakato Kaine’s opposition to Mahon is often viewed as predictable, more members now agree with her that many Allied factions will reject the assertion that Sirius Corporation is an ally to be trusted.
- Operation IDA – Repairing Cann Relay in Evangelis.
- Anti-Xeno-Initiative – There are only seven systemw still dealing with a Thargoid incursion. The AXI’s priorities this week are;-
- Lembass – Witch Head Nebula
- Coalsack Sector VU-O b6-6
- Haki – Witch Head Nebula
Newsletter (every second show) [link]
- No Newsletter or store Alert but the Python Polarity Skins have appeared on the store
- If Odyssey wasn’t space legs, what would you make it?
- More Planetary Variety
- Gas Giants
- More Player Agency in the sim
- Joining up the existing features to make the gameplay with them deeper
- More Planetary Variety
- The Cobra IV was an exclusive for Horizons and for legal reasons can’t be re-released… If Frontier could get away with a Cobra Mk IV-a say what should it be?
|33.1m x 48.1m x 8.6m
|27.1m x 44m x 7.9m
|200 – 228 m/s
|282 – 325 m/s
|299 – 342 m/s
|403 – 464 m/s
|Unladen Jump Range
|9.37 – 24.91 ly
|11.16 – 28.55 ly
|34 – 92 t
|18 – 64 t
3 class 2
3 Class 4
- Buckyball Racing Club’s Magic 8 Ball Championship has arrived.
- This coming Saturday (12th February 3308) we’re sending you “BACK TO PARECO”. The race (courtesy of Cmdr MalForTheWin) will be a re-run of the 3305 classic – “Full Throttle at Pareco” – and will run from the 12th to the 20th February inclusive. Full details of the race can be found in the following forum thread. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-buckyball-racing-club-presents-back-to-pareco-magic-8-ball-championship-race-1.598760/
- You Tube comments
- Ep 376
- Paul Deckard – I love that elite has this amazing crew for a podcast. I also quite like that we end up in strange places. After all space is a strange place
- CMDR Audaxius – I love that there’s an Elite podcast but damn this show can be some weird shit at times.
- STOSH FPV – First
- Ep 375
- nailz – Listening to this farming guardian mats in Synuefe EU-Q c21-15. Pattern Epsilon Obelisk Data is a rare one isn’t it! Ah well, all be worth it when i have shiny hybrid fighters…
- Alezander Corben – yes, it is Ashling.
- Tweaked74 – Crime and punishment desperately needs a huge overhaul. But who actually believes fdev will do it?
- The rise of TRIG – o7 cmdrs
- Ep 376
hmm. no-pee-lea-os ..? kinda like greek? (it’s a character from X-Beyond the Frontier)
Maybe some examples of cheap but capable starter ship builds? (a.k.a you don’t need to aim for the big three just yet, you can do this with your current ship)
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- For those who want a literary discussion about Sci-fi and fantasy books. Please subscribe to the Dataslate podcast created by station commander Allen Stroud.
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeatleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.