Aired 20 Feb 2018
Download the episode directly from here.
Director of Pest Control : Ashley Devine – DrToxic
Head of health and safety : Ben Moss-Woodward – Cmdr Eid LeWeise
Chief Archivist : Colin Ford – Cmdr phoenix_dfire
Chief Bar Steward : Grant Woolcott – Cmdr Psykokow
(In)Human Resources Director : Shan – Cmdr Shanaeri
Knight Extruder Operator : Cmdr Kurgol
Sagittarius Eye Editor : Souvarine
- Development News
- Newsletter 214
- Main Discussion
- Sagittarius Eye Issue 6 was released on Saturday 17th February
- Guardian Ruins
- Horizons required (planetary landings).
- Trivia: The Guardian ruins were first discovered in the Synuefe XR-H D11-102 system on October 27, 3302 by CMDR XDeath.
- You do not need to unlock Ram Tah
- The CG text suggests this mission may go away: Ram Tah, the galaxy’s foremost expert on the Guardians, has revealed that his research funding will soon end. In an effort to make the most of his remaining finances, the engineer has appealed to independent pilots to deliver Guardian artefacts to his base in the Meene system.
- You need a good jump range, 12t cargo space, fuel scoop, exploration scanners, SRV (multiple recommended).
- When you dock at Meene (Felice Dock) you will receive the mission in your inbox, and it will automatically be added to your transactions panel.
- It pays 1 million credits per scan with a 10 million credit bonus if you collect all 101 scans, total payout on completion is 111 million credits.
- Counts towards exploration rank!
- Many of the systems with Guardian ruins in are worth a lot of exploration data (lots of metal rich and at least one Black Hole).
- You need 2 of each Guardian artifacts to be able to apply any of the combinations
- 2 x casket
- 2 x orb
- 2 x relic
- 2 x totem
- 2 x tablet
- 2 x urn
- It is imperative that you keep an accurate log of which data packages you have received, they come in 5 categories:
- Biology (19)
- Culture (20)
- History (21)
- Language (21)
- Technology (20)
- You can read all the data packets on the Canonn Research website.
- Community resources were key to success, there are many many more but these are the ones I used (edshipyard being the most useful one):
- Explanation of edshipyard process, select the data scans you are missing (select none if you are just starting), click optimize and it will work out the minimum number of systems you need to visit, click export to get a list of systems, planets, sites. Click individual sites to get a map plotting where each data is, and what combination of artifacts is needed to scan it.
- When scanning grab the two relevant artifacts needed to perform the scan and then locate the relevant obelisk, you should be able to target it when within a few meters and scan it with the srv data scanner.
- Once you have handed in, relogged and redocked at the station you are offered the mission again, you are able to repeat it.
- The CG text suggests this mission may go away “Ram Tah, the galaxy’s foremost expert on the Guardians, has revealed that his research funding will soon end. In an effort to make the most of his remaining finances, the engineer has appealed to independent pilots to deliver Guardian artefacts to his base in the Meene system.” So have fun with it while you can.
- Is there enough Content in 3.0?
- Community Corner
- In Game Events
- Lavecon 2018 is 8th – 10th June
- CQC Discord – For the Discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action
- GalPhoto is a community of Galactic Photographers in @EliteDangerous We have everything from awesome photography, to cinematics, to galactic art, & more! Join today and become an Elite Photographer! Let’s get every Galactic Photographer in one community! discord.io/galphoto