|Head of Health and Safety
|Staff Liaison Officer
|Chris Mk IV
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Paul announced that the Live streams WILL return, but with no details of when. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/is-there-a-livestream-today.622316/#post-10294704
Community news – what is the community up to??
- [Elite Dangerous] Battle Cry (edit/music video) PROtoKOPS is back with a combat focused music video and it’s outstanding.
- Poisoned Spire Song – Elite Dangerous Odyssey Rosefine’s latest video featuring amazing on-foot Spire climbing visuals set to an original song made by Rosefine, ChatGPT and the Suno AI.
- Journey to Sol – Part 1 [4K] An Elite Dangerous Journey
Journey to Sol – Part 2 [4K] An Elite Dangerous Journey Commander Meek’s beautifully filmed 28kly journey back to Sol (final part coming soon?)
- Galaxies Visible In The Game – a new elitedangereuse.fr article by Cmdr Chelito (building on work by Dr Kai) to document the 33 galaxies aside from our own which can be seen in the game.
- Elite Dangerous Odyssey in 2024 The Buur’s latest beautiful video, as liked by DBOBE.
- Elite Dangerous – We Are Elite (cinematic) [unofficial] Terrific fan made ED trailer from AuraxisAnimus.
- Welcome to Dituri’s Elite – A NEW Elite Dangerous Channel in 2024??
A Beginner’s Guide to Piracy | Elite Dangerous 2024 Dituri’s Elite – a brilliant new series of Elite Guides with the focus on fun rather than profit.
- The next Elite Racers “Cafe Saturday” race event – “This Little Scarab Went to Market”, live SRV racing at Okorafor Market in the Okinura system – 6pm – 8pm, Saturday 13th Jan.
- Top Shift 140 Review of 2023 and the Thargoid War – Part 1
Top Shift 141 – Review of the Thargoid War Part 2 Colin’s most excellent review of the year. MassivelyOP did an article on them https://massivelyop.com/2024/01/09/elite-dangerous-player-summarizes-the-playable-thargoid-war-content-added-throughout-2023/
- The high wake is back with a new animation telling the truth about the free Anaconda at Hutton Orbital Elite Dangerous: Free Anaconda
- A couple of Expeditions on EDSM have started or are coming up Expeditions / EDSM
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- Thu 21st Dec – SEO JIN-AE DEPARTS UTOPIA IN SILENCE
- Thu 28th Dec – FEDERATION EXTENDS QUARANTINE FOR THARGOID ABDUCTEES
- Fri 29th Dec – THARGOID WAR UPDATE: DECEMBER 3309
- Thu 4th Jan – EMPIRE CONTINUES ‘PROTECTIVE SANCTUARY’ FOR ABDUCTEES
- The Thargoids have appeared to upped their game over the Christmas holidays. We don’t know if this is because of fdev making some background changes or if the number of people fighting thargoids have dropped off due to the festive period (remember don’t fight thargoid under the influence of alcohol)
- Occupied Systems are up to 324 (up by 25 over the last two weeks)
- There are still 4 invasions still in progress.
- 13 alerts ar still in progress, which could lead to up to ten systems being invaded next week.
- Only 6 systems are in recovery.
- Mon 8th Jan – SIRIUS CEO FACES ASSEMBLY INQUIRY
- We need to mention this too – The Carrier Comms Case Redactions
Any other business
- Before this week’s episode you’ll have heard a recent episode from The Dex Legacy season 2. To support the show or find out more visit thedexlegacy.com
- QOTW What’s been your favourite highlight of Elite Dangerous this year!
When the Spires arrived has been a highlight for me. Such an incredible asset that generated a lot of new content and photo opportunities for people.
- CMDR Homborger clare
To be perfectly honest, it HAS to be Cmdr Alec Turner’s videos. There isn’t anyone else who can demonstrate the immense versatility of Elite Dangerous quite like he does.
That and Norman Lovett reading out numbers and watching LCU Fool clear up at the Elite Meet raffle. 😂
The Titans & the War. The time leading up to finally getting to the Maelstrom’s core felt slow but was great as a built up. And the incredible work by the community to fight Tharg back was amazing to see.
Honourable mentions: The atmospheric planet collision, and out of game ECM!
- Cylus Resi
PitCon, meeting fellow Commanders many who I see as celebrities. And fanboying to Arthur and Sally. Not to mention getting my first Elite since starting in the Alpha days and also getting read out by the fabulous Lave Radio team. Thanks, Merry Christmas and an Elite New Year o7.
I definitely enjoyed my travels across the milky way galaxy. Saw all kinds of pretty systems and planets, I also collected LOTS and LOTS of exobiology data, 65,000 LYs away from the bubble. Definitely killed a few space flowers, but I’m not so good that kind of combat. o7 CMDRs.
- Chebs Will
The ground Thargoid missions with the 10 legged flying spiders aka revenants. It was the first time me and the young un went against the Thargoids. It was a great adventure. I’d give the current christmas puzzle a mention it’s been great sticking her in front of the puzzles and saying solve that 😉 20 minutes later ‘we’re off here dad!’ We’ve only got two left to do and the firework cannon is ace.
definitely one of my favourites was the return of aegis,which is crazy that it was this year they came back. after the whole salvation vs aegis fight that ended up getting them decommissioned, seeing the program with which helped defend humanity a lot better than others cough cough OWH return was absolutely a happy day this year.
- Ben Moss-Woodward
My favourite highlight of ED this year was flying around Planetary Bases, in VR, in daylight… shooting Thargoids! Closely followed by base jumping off of a Thargoid Spire
I’m gonna say – the Spire sites, discovering you can jump an SRV between the petals and creating an EDCoPilot time trial course jumping between all three spires.
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’d just like to shout out Psykokow, as we’ve got to refer to him as Grandpaw Kow.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- No galnet news tonight.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.