|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Head of Health and Safety||Ben Moss-Woodward||Eid LeWeise|
|Staff Liaison Officer||Clare Good||Psykit|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|SRV Banksy||Alec Turner||Alec Turner|
|Tech Gibbon||Chris Mk IV||Newell Turner|
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- On wednesday Bruce asked for feedback on the thargoid war :- https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/thargoid-war-feedback.613229/
- On Thursday, Sally Posted that they’ve started some initial server side fixes to the mission board bug (s) (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/improvements-for-mission-board-issues.613279/)
- Friday 13th Jan – GalNet News Round Up – 13 January 3309 | Frontier Forums
- Discovery Scanner – 16/01/2023
- The next Frameshift Live is on Thursday the 19th. – edit no it’s not “This week’s Frameshift Live stream has been cancelled as Producer Adam has sadly tested positive for Covid. “
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- 12th Jan – Azimuth Announces Experimental Weapons Stabiliser
- 16th Jan – Princess Aisling Echoes Aegis Reformation Calls
- Thargoid War update.
- 453 systems are now lost to the Thargoids (Up by 66)
- 25 systems are under invasion.
- 66 systems are on Alert
- 28 are in Post recovery
- 8 Maelstrom systems.
- We’ve lost 2.2% of human systems in six weeks and at the current rate we’re looking at losing the bubble in 2 years!
- Nothing new this week
- Our Thargoid War Feedback? https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/thargoid-war-feedback.613229/
- It doesn’t seem that Post-Thargoid state doesn’t appear to be affected by player action. (See https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/post-thargoid-recovery-state-research.612655/). Dunno if that’s a Bug or not.
- Longer range / Quicker Scan time for the Anti-Xeno Scanner (think you’ve covered that one).
- If there are going to be any future Thargoid research CGS, please make sure the recon limpet bug is resolved.
- In Multi-crew, please allow turret gunner’s to target Thargoid hearts.
- Add an upgraded AXI Tiapan fighter with the advanced AXI Multi-cannon / Missiles. (Possible CG in the future?)
- Increase the spawn rate of the Orthrus in Alert systems. Been to several Alert systems but the tracking down of the Threat 4 with the salvage icon can get frustrating.
- Human EMP Field that could temporarily disable Thargoid swarms?
- Quick-key for De-Comm limpets, I.e. to Launch one, which will automatically target and repair your own ship.
- Could the rescue missions be to the nearest Hospital ship, instead of one 200 LY away?
DCoH Overwatch/ED: Overwatch is a project developed and maintained by CMDR Dark Session in collaboration with the Defense Council of Humanity team.
Special thanks to CMDR LCU No Fool Like One and Canonn for the map feature.
- The Anti-Xeno Initiative have launched the Anti-Xeno Academy – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70xUm6Jh5eg
- ALLIANCE & INDEPENDENT AX-NIGHT
- 20 JAN 2023 > 21 JAN 2023
- START TIME: 17:00:00 GMT END TIME: 1:00:00 GMT
- Locations near the Oya-Maelstrom
- This is an event for Independent and Alliance-friendly commanders in particular, but Federal and Imperial guests are also welcome. Previous AX combat experience is not required! Owning several rebuys worth of credits before joining in on the fight is advised.
- On January 20th Alliance players are hosting a joint AX combat night. All interested pilots and squadrons are invited to join our operations.
- Equip an appropriate AX ship and join a voice channel on the day of the event to participate. Previous combat experience is not required. Various conflict zones offer the opportunity to respawn on site and loads of credits are rewarded for participation in kills, no matter the personal impact.
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Please join the Alliance of Independent Systems discords server to joint voice channels for ease of coordination during combat.
Mostly Clueless -> Story Time with Fozza
- Okay so 2nd tech moment at lunch… Trying to get to grips with my controls and remind myself how panels and stuff work in game. Saw there was an option for Pre Flight test, switched it on. Went through it thinking this is a ballache but at least it adds to my immersion….
Did the check and thought yeah don’t need that in my life . Went to the panel option to switch it off and see it is greyed out. Ahhh I thought it was a done thing, no problemo. Off I go to clear out some scavengers from this base.
I get planetside, request docking, and have it granted. Jump out and start making my way to the complex when I see the scavenger have turned the turrets on my ship! Crap thinks I.. I race back to my ship to try and get out of there and land further away.
What’s this ……. A fucking Pre Flight Test!!! That can’t be skipped!!!! WTF!!!! My Shield go down, I waste valuable time trying to abort pre flight test. If there is a button I can’t f-ing find it!!!! Ok plan B how quickly can i get through the pre flight test!!!!??
Answer – Sadly not quickly enough.
Chalk up yet another failed ground mission by the muppet Fozza
- Ben – Do not overfly a “Raid” base in a SLF because your teammate is nervous about there being a skimmer flying about and you think ohh it would be cool to take that out with a SLF…
- Colin also has a story
Any other business
- If you would like to lend your voice to any of the Lave Adverts that Chris Mk IV and psykit make you can find any open calls that we have over at https://www.psykit.tv/casting-calls
- Ben and Scout Trooper in ROTJ Captain Rex in Scout Trooper Disguise
- While the team on Dex Island take a well earned break before their series 2 return, there’s plenty of material to fill the void. Point your auto assistant to your favourite podcast app – including Spotify and audible – and search The Dex Legacy. There you’ll find bonus edition interviews with cast members and with the writer, Emily Inkpen! There’s also plenty of bonus materials and merch at www.thedexlegacy.com! All proceeds go towards the making of season 2!
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Flight Assist
- The Guard Frequency (who do other space games )
- Loose Screws
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeatleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.
It’s disheartening to see the Invasion progress bar on a Wednesday and judge that there’s no way to win. I wonder if a “rout” threshold could be reached somewhere after, say, 75% where –if very many AX cmdrs do enough damage in a short period of time– it becomes exponentially easier, simulating Thargoid morale failure as they flee the battlefield.
This might help avoid Wasted Wednesdays before Thargoid Thursdays.