|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Head of Health and Safety||Ben Moss-Woodward||Eid LeWeise|
|Staff Liaison Officer||Clare Good||Psykit|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|Apprentice Stunt Diver||Alec Turner||Alec Turner|
|Tech Monkey||Norman MacArthur||Ventura_|
|Creative God||Tom Cook||Cmdr ToCoSo|
Download the episode directly from here.
Tonight’s activity in-game
- Ben – will try to be in Hyades Sector FB-N b7-6 … but it sounds scary and dangerous
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Elite Dangerous Update 14 and Beyond: Live and Legacy Modes
- Rampant Speculation. As the Live galaxy
- We ran a poll asking if folks thought that Frontier should only sell Odyssey moving forward, or if they should keep selling both “Legacy” Elite and Odyssey
- Only Sell Ody: m:74% t82%
- Sell both Ody and “Legacy” Elite: m26% t17%
- Some comments:
- Ascorbius: the biggest problem I see is that Odyssey tries to be DLC, but it’s not. It’s the next major update. It should be sold as such. People then have to get on board if they can so we can continue the story and explore the Galaxy together. Fdev have limited energy at a given point but we all have time. So fdev can build more content for us over these releases. Dlc is for skins, weapons and missions. Not for Elite.
- DeathBunny: Stop selling on consoles but give option on PC, PC should be 4.0 only like many other games that upgrade their engine.
- Boppa: Leaving it on sale on consoles – where only Legacy is available – could be troublesome, unless it’s made very clear that Legacy isn’t really a live service game any more, isn’t connected to the Live BGS, isn’t under development, etc.
- Frontier Annual Report – https://www.frontier.co.uk/annual-report#stratgey_13
- Bad News, because they wrote off the costs of Odyssey Development (£7m) this year; it’s reduced fdevs profits down to £1.5m pounds (Down from £19 million).
- All the other games did very well (including Jurassic World 2 which was originally thought of as bad) and the F1 Game did gangbusters!
- Elite is last on the Summary list on the portfolio.
- Good News; they have committed to trying to grow the Elite Community in the future.
- They’ve committed new content until the end of FY23 (End of May 23), so we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.
- Galnet News Roundup
- Paul does his usual awesome job of summarising the weekly events with such highlights as “Nothing says safe and friendly like naming a giant unknown alien object after a Celtic god of thunder” and “Dalton “No I am really busy but I’ll be there in spirit, honest” Chase”
- Elite Dangerous Update 14 Release Schedule
- Elite Dangerous Update 14 Release Notes
- Non “key features” highlights
- Colin – Fixed filter settings in the galaxy map being cleared after closing the map.
- Ben – Damaged megaships with functional escape hatches will now deploy escape pods automatically when rescue ships are nearby, rather than asking the player to use a hatch-breaker limpet.
- Ben – Fixed some benches letting you sit on top of another NPC instead of in the empty seat next to them – Ahhh so it wasn’t a feature!
- Ben – Added an optional keybind for the Shutdown Field Neutraliser module.
- Non “key features” highlights
- Elite Dangerous | Arrival
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- Wed 23rd Nov – PRAISE FOR THE PRO-PEACE PROJECT
- Heimar Borichev (deputy editor of The Sovereign newsfeed) has “fallen ill unexpectedly” So… no Congressman Dalton Chase or Heimar on the Kingfisher and it’s just “volunteers”…
- Thursday 24th Nov – KINGFISHER MEGASHIP VANISHES
- Video showing the logs (4m30)
- Friday 25th Nov – XENO-PEACE SUPPORTERS KILLED BY THARGOIDS
- Monday 28th Nov – MILITARIES ON ALERT AS TARANIS APPROACHES
- Tuesday 29th Nov – Vista Genomics Boosts Biodata Payouts
- Midnight Black
- Fed Fighter
- Imp Fighter
- Type 10
- Fed Corvette
- Imp Cutter
- Stygian Blue, Brass, Green, Purple, Red and Tungsten for all ships
- New System States
- Thargoid Alert
- Thargoid Invasion
- Thargoid Controlled
- Thargoid Maelstrom
- Post Thargoid Recovery
- Thargoid Scanning ship “Orthrus” comes and sniffs about, if you piss it off grasses on you…
- Orthrus “a two-headed dog who guarded Geryon’s cattle and was killed by Heracles. He was the offspring of the monsters Echidna and Typhon, and the brother of Cerberus, who was also a multi-headed guard dog.
Any other business
- Ben: https://mapoftheuniverse.net/
- It’s a map of the (visible) universe (as we currently know it) duh 🙂
- ToCoSo is doing “a thing”
- Star Wars squadrons is free on the epic store.
- While the team on Dex Island take a well earned break before their series 2 return, there’s plenty of material to fill the void. Point your auto assistant to your favourite podcast app – including Spotify and audible – and search The Dex Legacy. There you’ll find bonus edition interviews with cast members and with the writer, Emily Inkpen! There’s also plenty of bonus materials and merch at www.thedexlegacy.com! All proceeds go towards the making of season 2!
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeatleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.