|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Head of Health and Safety||Ben Moss-Woodward||Eid LeWeise|
|Staff Liaison Officer||Clare Good||Psykit|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|SRV Banksie||Alec Turner||Alec Turner|
|Tech Sloth||Jan Chlupacek||Poutnik Santiago|
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Discovery Scanner – 31/10/2022 Discovery Scanner – 31/10/2022
- Erm, for everyone who wants to feel old : Sunday is the 10th Anniversary of the Elite: Dangerous Kickstarter
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- 27th October – Thargoids Raid Nebula Colony
- 27th October – Xeno-Peace Project Gathers Support
- 28th October – Superpowers Discuss Unified Anti-Xeno Fleet
- 31st October – Empire Dismisses Calls for Aegis Return
- 1st November – COUNCIL OF ADMIRALS DIVIDED OVER UNIFIED FLEET
- Number of Star-goids (UIAs) – 8. UIA 3 is only 83 ly away from HIP22460
Store Alert (every second show)
- New Pulse Paintjobs for Eagle, Adder & Sidewinder (White, green, blue, purple, red, orange, white)
What space-based challenges could be added to existing on-foot missions to help make the on-foot and space parts of the game feel more integrated?’
For example : Smuggling (i.e. the illegal delivery missions), there are patrols of security ships that have to be evaded before you get to the base to deliver the package to Mr (or Mrs/Ms) Mcguffin. Obviously these missions would come with a ‘Got to use your own ship’ warning because if you used the Apex, you’d be scanned quite quickly, fail the mission and probably die alongside your Apex pilot (although he deserves if for flying an Adder!!)
- Repair the Base missions – You could get a wrinkle pitting you up against the faction who wanted the base down trying to stop you en route to the base
- Assassinate X or Murder Y people – SPACE BASED REVENGE! You killed my mate you bastard! I’m coming for you
- I guess it works both ways right? So if people have a favourite space based Horizons mission that could benefit from an added on-foot component then that works too right? For me the thing is about making Elite feel less like two separate games and more like a unified whole.
Fundamental game mechanics
- lose separation between on-foot mats for on-foot gameplay and vice versa?
- blurring of line between where you get space/on-foot missions rather than current absolute separation? (perhaps bonuses for handing in space based missions directly to their on-foot contact)
- allow SRV scanning/collection of EDO things (plants, mat’s, etc) and on-foot scanning of EDH things (incl. log scanning and perhaps a different level of outcrop mining)
- update EDH planetary assets (stations, ports, non-landable ouposts) with EDO assets (npc’s, cutable panels, concourse doors and new interiors)
- Scanning space wrecks to get location of ground poi and vice versa
- Space based pursuit of fleeing on-foot targets and npcs pursuing us during beginning/end of on-foot mission
- Rescue/escort missions which involve on-foot rescuee getting into your ship and being chased in space back to base
- Passenger/escort missions where passenger has to be taken (and then safely escorted on-foot) to surface poi
Collect-return/escort missions where the npc them self comes with you to collect item (maybe because contact won’t trust you or because only your npc knows the combination)
- On-foot evacuation missions where you escort npcs to your ship
- Do scan the data point (maybe even destroy generator) mission on-foot, sneaking in on-foot to avoid trespass zone issues
- Obvious chain mission possibilities for mixed ship/on-foot gameplay
- Using maverick suit to cut open doors for SRV to drive through?
- Jack Winter
- Caelum Incola
- Richard Bentley
- Ian Doncaster
- CMDR Is Fat
- Disemboweled Ego
- CMDR Rabbit
- Musketeer archives hex Elite V (that’s Elite rank V in all 6 disciplines)!
- LCU has done a parody of a Muse song – Time is running out
- Collaborative CMDR Reading of the logs at Holloway Bioscience Research Facility 15 https://youtu.be/vxQNJhdL4YM
- Almost 40 years on;- Elite Universe Editor
The Elite Universe Editor allows you to create your own playable universes in classic BBC Micro Elite. You can run it on the BBC Micro with 6502 Second Processor, on the BBC Master, on modern emulators, or right here in your web browser.
- Rock Paper Shotgun Article Elite on BBC has an impressive new editor mod
A commander from out on the rim
All hallows held no fear for him
He flew bravely away
But they found him next day
With nothing, but only a limb
- Derrin from FD
I am a Goidy boy
My love is to destroy
I kill and dash
Meatbag pilots are trash
Sending you to the re-buy brings me joy
- Alec Turner
At a junkyard far far away
An SRV just wanted to play
It jumped a ravine
Feeling like Steve McQueen
But the landing was more like James May
- Cmdr Savenger
I dropped in on a Black Hole today,
While exploring and out of the way,
Sightseeing while out in the black,
The eye of a Cyclops gazed back,
So I highwaked my fine Asp away!
- Roxy Horror
There once was a pirate from Lave
Who preyed on an easier knave.
He said, “I’ll admit
I’m a bit of a twit,
But look at the fuel that I save.”
- Orney Bastos
I was already getting paranoid
I haven’t found anything so far
But I detected a bright green stark
It felt like a new kind of pulsar
I chased your trail through the void
To end up interdicted by a thargoid
There was a trucker from Hutton
Who always flew drunken.
So when he visited Sol
Getting banned wasn’t his goal
Because he threw up all over Hudson.
- Bob T
A costumed Commander was wont to utter,
I can Trick or Treat through the slot like butter,
On every one of my trips
In every one of my Ships
Except that big honking Cutter!
There was a Commander from Lave
Who thought he was incredibly brave
So he drank too much brandy
Ate lots of Halloween candy
But now he’s in an early grave
- LCU No Fool Like One
There once was an elderly boffin
Who found an alien coffin
When he opened the top
He got quite a shock
When the alien woke up he shot him
- Greybeard Seawolf – WINNER1
A CMDR who hailed from Tau Ceti
Fancied a Thargoid named Betty
A toxic romance
That hadn’t a chance
And his ship is now caustic confetti
- Peter Longman
A commander once went on a raid,
With plasma and laser he played.
But the base was not right,
It gave him a fright,
Because corpses were grossly displayed.
- D Meyer – WINNER
There once was a guy from Woronii
Who thought the Thargoids were phony.
Then one Halloween
He entered the green
And got sliced up into baloney.
Epaphus (E-pa-phus) – When running away from Thargoids, High wake to another system. This avoids the mass lock factor from from the Thargoid allows for a quicker charge time than jumping to supercruise. (Sorry this info is too late for CMDRs in HIP 22460 on 3308-08-09). This also works for on NPCs/Other players if they interdict you and you need to get away in hurry
- The Dex Legacy – The International Confederation : A Dex Legacy Bonus Story, will Premier on Lave Radio next week (08/11/2022) from 20:00. For more information on The Dex Legacy go to thedexlegacy.com
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeatleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show.