|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Head of Health and Safety||Ben Moss-Woodward||Eid LeWeise|
|Staff Liaison Officer||Clare Good||Psykit|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|(in)Human Resources Director||Shan||Shan|
|Tech Sloth||Jan Chlupacek||Poutnik Santiago|
|Documentary Team||The Burrs||The Burrs|
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Wednesday 3rd Aug – UPDATE 13, NARRATIVE AND ACCESS TO 4.0.
- Update 13 is coming on Tuesday 9 August
- The entire Azimuth Saga, including the conclusion, has been available to all players, including console players!
- The Azimuth Saga: The Story So Far – has been updated
- ELITE DANGEROUS | UPDATE 13 NOTES
- Noted Fixes
- Commanders were experiencing a high frequency of crashes and stability issues around planetary surface settlements and POIs. The issue behind these stability problems have now been addressed.
- An issue has been fixed whereby Commanders have been unable to access ship functions/panels whilst Station Services is open.
- An issue has been fixed whereby attempting to play CQC would cause a crash.
- An issue has been fixed whereby the frameshift countdown would hang at 00.00 and keep you guessing.
- An issue has been fixed whereby severe shadow flickering would occur, most notably at settlements during sunrises and sunsets.
- This was also noted as being an issue from in ship too. We just want the glorious views.
- Pioneer suits have now been reinstated and will be available to adorn your wonderful selves with once again.
- An issue has been fixed whereby covert theft missions failed to count toward Terra Velasquez’s prerequisite.
- An issue has been fixed whereby Guardian Sentinels were failing to fire their missiles.
- An issue has been fixed whereby players could find themselves being stopped from disembarking from a Frontline Solutions ship after landing at a Star Port.
- For example once completing a combat zone on foot, there was no option to disembark from the ship. The only way it was possible to do so was via the lower panel.
- An issue has been fixed whereby Terra Velasquez/Rascal’s Choice’s bookmark appeared in Systems instead of Settlements.
- An issue has been fixed whereby ship kit pieces were blocking weapons from firing.
- This was in relation to the Cutter and Corvette Raider Ship kits specifically, blocking Gauss railguns (on the Corvette) and beamlaser (on the Cutter).
- An issue has been fixed whereby the transaction tab did not accurately represent what mission cargo you have on your ship in Odyssey like it would in Horizons.
- An issue has been fixed whereby commodities would not transfer from a Commander’s Fleet Carrier to the their ship.
- A player example of this was when a Commander reported being unable to unload Food Cartridges and Uranium from their Fleet Carrier to their cargo racks.
- Issues related to other mission related cargo types being unable to be transferred or purchased from Fleet Carriers have been addressed.
- Issues have been fixed in relation to the BGS, caused by mission antagonists being part of the mission giving faction in salvage and illegal defence missions.
- An issue has been fixed whereby mining fragments/materials were continuing to become stuck to asteroids result in limpets being unable to collect them.
- This has been explored multiple times in the past and further improvements are being made as such, as the team hit them.
- The free camera now moves smoothly even when the ship is moving rapidly in Supercruise.
- This will also address improvements to tether range.
- An issue has been resolved whereby players could erroneously be assigned bounties when other ships were destroyed around them..
- An issue has been fixed whereby on-foot inbox notifications were incorrectly displaying.
- The display of the number of outstanding messages on the inbox itself was missing and only updated on receiving a new message. This has been addressed.
- An issue has been fixed with the Proximity Warning lights on the Anaconda incorrectly triggering.
- For example they would remain active even in Supercruise and when the landing gear is raised.
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- 04/08/3308 – Resources Supplied to Xeno-Retrieval Programme
- 05/08/3308 – Azimuth Divides Media Opinion
- 08/08/3308 – Azimuth Claims ‘Thargoid Doomsday’ Imminent
- 09/08/3308 – BOOM! UPDATE 13 Day!
- 09/08/3308 – Breaking NEWS
Store Alert (every second show) [link]
- Krait II crossfire skins?
- Azimuth paint jobs are available to buy.
- Obviously Update 13 and the big boom!
- Project Seraph Status Brief 259
- By CMDR Eagle131
- Featuring Cmdr Exorcist and Cmdr Rheeny
- Last week we brought up Rule 34 and Thargoids…. Well, Listener Cmdr Surruf from the AXI brought our attention to… https://www.goidhub.com/ Yup… it’s a thing!
- Lego Anaconda Created by the LimitingFactor
- Operation Wych Hunt update – we only gone and did it.
- Top Shift 134 released :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCHrI6yfSw4
- Cmdr Terekhov from the Fuel Rats When approaching a station or outpost using the standard 0:07 second approach, as you get close, watch the speed/distance indicator in the bottom left pane of your HUD. Once the “Speed” indicator is in the blue region, you can forget about the time to target indicator and you can increase your throttle to get there more quickly (as long as your speed remains in the blue area).
- Follow up from Shouty – You can also travel at 0:06 secs and save more time…
Elite Dangerous were kind enough to to give us some Azimuth Ruthless skins, we gave away the FDL skin last night to a commander who shot @bwoodward (other people just shot me for fun!) However we still have an Eagle and a Krait Mk II skin (wot no Chieftain Arf?)
You can win these by sending something creative about Tuesday’s events to firstname.lastname@example.org, be it a Drabble, a limerick, a pun, etc
For example Commander Terekhov from the FuelRats submitted this…
There was an old man called Salvation,
Who hated the whole Thargoid nation,
His weapon backfired,
And Thargoids were ire’d,
That silly old man called Salvation
- The Dex Legacy – Series 1 – Episode 6 Valuable Assets Part One, will premiere on Lave Radio next week (16/08/2022) at 20:00. For more information on The Dex Legacy goto thedexlegacy.com
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeatleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo, Jn Tracks and Allen Stroud who created the music used on the Show