|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Head of Health and Safety||Ben Moss-Woodward||Eid LeWeise|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|Chief Bar Steward||Grant Woolcott||Psykokow|
|(in)Human Resources Director||Shan||Shan|
|Deputy Trade Attaché||Souv||Souvarine|
|Tech Monkey||Norman MacArthur||Ventura_|
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- News about News of Something happening With Galnet on Thurday’s Official Elite Dangerous https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWqpVO8BPa4&feature=youtu.be
- Elite Dangerous – Update 3.7.05
- Crashes & stability
- Fixed an issue when reading inbox messages in Supercruise caused the game to crash
- Fleet Carriers
- Fixed a bug causing delays and disconnections when entering a location with Fleet Carriers present
- Fixed a UI focus issue which allowed players to sell ships in the background while using Carrier Management
- Stopped depleted motherlode asteroids from respawning when a player flies a Ship-Launched Fighter beyond its maximum limit
- Crashes & stability
- One of the things that we missed for the Discussion last week was that New Commanders will have a choice to start planet side (on foot) or in space. Does this mean if you start on foot, you have to run (or rather walk) missions in order to earn your sidewinder?
- As a Side Note:- Dom from the Mission Development team has been on the Forums helping commanders who have been getting stuck with missions. So if you’ve been struggling with Bounty Missions or Unidentified weakage missions, we’ve included the links in the show notes
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- Peace in Leesti
- TX will respect (i.e. not intentionally work against) the Alliance BGS in Leesti, Diso, Reorte and any system that has been entered first by an active Alliance player minor faction. Special arrangements regarding particular systems may be made between each respective player group.
- The Alioth Council and its member groups will respect (i.e. not intentionally work against) the TerraEx BGS in any system that has been entered first by the TerraEx player minor faction.
- Both sides will inform their members and supporters about this agreement and ask to cease all hostility with immediate effect.
- This will assist in bringing a solution to the work TX and other Alliance factions involved in OWTO are doing.
- TX will retreat from Leesti after a successful expansion into Riedquat (or Orerve, in case the BGS mechanics don’t work) where they’re free to take control.
- Steps forward:
- A. TX will stop all BGS in Leesti and allow the Alliance to drop TX to about 10%
- B. TX will remain in Leesti until TX has expanded into the chosen and agreed system
- C. As soon as TX arrives in that system the Alliance is free to start the process of retreating TX out of Leesti
- D. From here TX will take care of the chosen system and the Alliance take care of Leesti with no opposition from either side
- E. The Alliance offers to assist in repairing the following TX systems that have suffered during the conflict:
- 1. Baris – bring TX to control again
- 2. Agatavun – bring TX to control again
- 3. Baijio – bring TX to control again.
- Turning the Wheel
- Gains in LTT 5455 today were significant. There is a strong chance they will trigger a conflict for control of the system with the next tick.
- TDW’s expansion from HR 4979 should complete at the tick and the Rabid Hamsters, and Hamster-Lite forum commanders have prepared everything pretty much perfectly. There is little that can go wrong from here.
- With what looked like Galnet Logos on the Mugs of two certain community managers, does this hint for the return of Galnet ?
- If so, what stories do you think they will cover?
- As, they’ve said that the old galnet will only cover items you can get involved with, does this mean the return of community goals?
- Or even better interstellar initiatives?
- I.e When is the Federal Election due?
- Reports on an increase of thargoid activity?
- Is this what the ‘B’ team have been up to since the fleet carrier’s have settled down.
- Congrats to down earth astronomy getting Married.
- Cmdr Exigious has done an incredibly detailed deep dive video into the Graphical settings in Elite Dangerous, showing all the settings and the performance hits they cause. Link
- SAGI is looking for more writers while you’re at it tonight? https://www.sagittarius-eye.com/team/jobs/
- Greetings gents! Love the show!
In the last two shows, guys have brought up the hope of high gravity worlds greatly affecting personal movement upto the point of not being able to move at all. The conversations make it seem like realistic gravity is a big deal. As it stands now, pun intended, all gravity does is make thrusters less effective. I’m not sure if gravity effects lateral movement or drive speed at all. If Fdev were to do more realistic gravity, wouldn’t we black out in our ships and SRVs before we had a chance to walk?
Thanks for your time and efforts in the show and thanks for your consideration.
- Cmdr Jules Vern who works for the Charity “Everyone Can” is taking part in a 24 hour Charity Stream, Game Together.
Everyone Can believes in a society that encourages every disabled person to realise their potential, so they are able to dictate the course of their own lives and play an active role in society. They believe in a society that includes disabled people and not exclude them.
Game Together will be held from 10am on Saturday 26th September – 10am on Sunday 27th
More information can be found at https://www.everyonecan.org.uk/news/game-together-2020/
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at tv.forthemug.com/ or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.