Lave Radio Episode 335 “Shan is an Apex Predator” – 30/03/2021
|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Head of Health and Safety||Ben Moss-Woodward||Eid LeWeise|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|(in)Human Resources Director||Shan||Shan|
|Deputy Trade Attaché||Souv||Souvarine|
|Tech Monkey||Norman MacArthur||Ventura_|
|Tech Gibbon||Chris Mk IV||Newell Turner|
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Thursday Stream
- Starport Tour – interview with Assistant Producer Samantha Marsh
- Just the tour
- Images from StuartGT
- Odyssey Rollout
- Games Radar Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Apex Interstellar Gameplay details – Future Games Show Spring Showcase
- Gareth Hughes explains Apex Interstellar to us
- Odyssey Alpha PC Specifications & Download Time
- Please note, the VR implementations are not currently optimised and not ready for testing at this time.
- We’re aiming for the Alpha to be available for download at 11AM BST/10AM UTC on Monday 29th March.
|ED Base Game Minimum||ED Base Game Recommended||ED Horizons Minimum||ED Horizons Recommended||ED Odyssey Minimum||ED Odyssey Recommended|
|CPU||Quad-Core CPU (4×2 GHz)||Intel Core i7-3770K (3.5 GHz) or AMD FX 4350 (4.2 GHz)||Quad-Core CPU (4×2 GHz)||Intel Core i7-3770K (3.5 GHz) or AMD FX 4350 (4.2 GHz)||Intel Core i5-4590 / AMD FX-4350||Intel Core i5-8600K / AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (above 4 GHz recommended)|
|GPU||Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or AMD Radeon HD 4870 (DirectX 11 functionality required)||Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 or AMD Radeon R9 280X (DirectX 11 functionality required)||Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 or AMD Radeon R7 240 (DirectX 11 functionality required)||Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 or AMD Radeon R9 280X (DirectX 11 functionality required)||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 / AMD Radeon R9 280X||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 5500|
|RAM||4 GB||8 GB||6 GB||8 GB||8 GB||12 GB|
|Storage||7 GB||7 GB||8 GB||8 GB||60 GB||60GB available space|
|Connectivity||Broadband Internet Connection||Broadband Internet Connection||Broadband Internet Connection||Broadband Internet Connection|
|OS||Windows 7/8||Windows 7/8||Windows 7/8/10 64-bit||Windows 7/8/10 64-bit|
- Ody Update Day 1 Cold Fix
- Some Help from Dom Corner on how to get that 1st Maverick Suit
- Or do it legitimately with collection missions which are plentiful, legal, and risk free
- the fetch missions shouldn’t need you to break into anywhere
- they pay about 80k each, so two or three will get you into a maverick utility suit
- they were slightly delayed and arrived at about 10pm last night
- Also Happy Birthday to Dom Corner for Wednesday and an extra special thank you for working you Birthday! <3
- Frontier Tuesday Stream – Playing Ody
- D2EA has made a video fully explaining the “Cheese” method to get the Maverick suit during the ED Odyssey Alpha as well as how to equip it.
- Currently there’s a catch 22 in the alpha – many of the missions need a suit with an Arc Cutter… however you don’t have one and need to > 150,000 credits to buy one
- In a station – go to a mission board and select 2 support missions that provide you with a Power Regulator (These usually say “Reactivation”
- Taxi Apex Interstellar to another station and then go to the bar
- Sell the 2 Power Regulators you were given for 200,000 and abandon the missions (please note you’ll take a reputation hit)
- At Pioneer Supplies you can now buy your new suit with the Arc Cutter!!!
- To Make a new loadout with your new suit
- Go back to the mission terminal
- Click on Edit Loadout
- Click Create and make yourself a loadout with your Maverick and any weapons you also wish to equip.
- You can not get changed in the middle of the station (nor are there any handy phone booths)
- To actually equip a loadout
- Take a taxi some where
- Look at the pad between your legs
- Select Loadouts
- Select the Loadout you wish to use
- Obsidian Ant Elite Dangerous Odyssey – How To Earn Credits For A New Suit And Weapon
- Made a video explaining what Dom said to us earlier 🙂
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Loose Screws
- Elite Week
- Flight Assist
- For Spanish Speakers there is the Elite Cast
- Cannon Podcast
- Fatherhood Podcast.
- Squeaking Fuel
- System Chat
- The Guard Frequency (who do other space sims)
- Algorab AM: An Elite Dangerous Podcast
- For those who want a literary discussion about Sci-fi and fantasy books. Please subscribe to the Dataslate podcast created by station commander Allen Stroud.
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeatleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo who created the music for the Introduction of the Show