|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Head of Health and Safety||Ben Moss-Woodward||Eid LeWeise|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|(in)Human Resources Director||Shan||Shan|
|Deputy Trade Attaché||Souv||Souvarine|
|Tech Monkey||Norman MacArthur||Ventura_|
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
Download the episode directly from here.
- Elite Dangerous Free on the Epic Games Store!
- Elite Dangerous is coming to the Epic Games Store next week! It will be available for free from 19 Nov to 26 Nov. We hope you’ll consider sharing this news with potential future commanders you know so you can blaze your trails together!
- Dev Diary 3 has been delayed due to the 2nd Lockdown. Arth Says it’s due in December, which is apparently going to make a Busy month of December.
- Thursday’s Stream where Arf and Bruce took on notorious CQC player Obi-wan in several matches. It’s fair to say Obi-wan trounced all comers (Probably because he always has the high ground) and eventually teams were formed leading to Cmdr Eid LeWeise being kicked all around the map. It was like watching a fluffy puppy being used as a football.
- Tuesday Stream 16:30 on Tuesday
- Arf and Bruce
- Balancing FD are looking at Cr / Hour, Risk vs Reward, vs Skill
- Stuart GT’s Summary
- Aware that balancing isn’t right
- Done in stages, continuous
- Mining first, start next week
- Combat next, start two weeks later
- “How much earned per hour, different loops, what risk, what reward, skill required”
- Core mining should be higher paying than laser mining, as more skillful
- Mining heavily linked to economy via commodities
- Galnet narrative driven
- Combat needs to be buffed, better rewards
- Wing missions not a focus yet
- Combat missions, bounties, bonds
- Conflict zones last
- Won’t be a quick fix, will tweak and check data/feedback
- It feeling right to the player is what matters
- Been seeing all the existing feedback, videos etc
- Balancing is super important, on the agenda and a priority
- Incremental changes
- Discussions have been ongoing since after Arthur & Bruce joined FDev
- Skill and risk more rewarded
- Bulk sale to change to be fairer, average not minimum
- Rebalancing will be tied with the ongoing storylines
- Forum post later this week, roadmapping the rebalancing
- Implementation over the next weeks
- Ant Video
- Burr Video
- Stuart GT’s Summary
- Arf gets requests about memorials etc it’s very hard and can make ppl who don’t get it maybe feel left out. FD are trying to find “the right way” that’s sensitive and inclusive
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- The Alliance CGs were completed three days early. The Alliance is going to get new bases in the coalsack nebula and the thargoids have been beaten back, allowing the Alliance uncontested access to the meta alloys in the nebula.
- Emperor Decides Hadrian Duval’s Status
- As Wotherspoon says “He’s not a Prince, but he’s not a Naughty Boy either”
- Exclusive reward for CG and double engineered modules. What are the potential benefits and downsides?
- TDW Make it to Lave! Lave Radio would like to welcome TDW to Lave in the name of Science… Reiterating that TDW are in Lave with permission and have NO desire to take the system over, or indeed take the galaxy over!!!
In other fronts, TDW now owns Phra Lak and are starting the March to expand to LFT 509 in 3 jumps to test the best of the 3 goals hopefully around Jan.
- Speedbowl IV New Grounds is happening this weekend!!!
- The Pilot “Why you should buy Elite Dangerous in 2020”
- HCS Voice packs have a new pack coming soon, Delta (Glados anyone) and they will be giving away a HCS voice pack for free to coincide with the Free Epic Store.
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- For those who want a literary discussion about Sci-fi and fantasy books. Please subscribe to the Dataslate podcast created by station commander Allen Stroud. The next episode (20) should be released tomorrow (18th).
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders