|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Head of Health and Safety||Ben Moss-Woodward||Eid LeWeise|
|(in)Human Resources Director||Shan||Shan|
|Tech Monkey||Norman MacArthur||Ventura_|
|Blow up Dutch Merchant||Mack Winston|
|Inflatable CQC Meister||Cmdr Il Senato|
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Beta 2 Upcoming Changes
- Fleet Carriers will now have Universal Cartographics available as an optional service.
- Decommissioning a Fleet Carrier will now refund the full cost of a Carrier, with the only reductions either being unpaid debt when automated or a static fee for voluntary decommissioning.
- Module and ship storage will now always be available for the Fleet Carrier owner. Shipyard and outfitting services will still need to be purchased to enable visitors to use them and to buy stock for the owner.
- Tritium consumption per lightyear has been reduced by approximately half.
- BETA BLOWOUT!
- Basically, Fleet Carriers cost 1 million
- Beta 2 Patch Notes
- Upkeep cost for all additional services has been reduced by 80-90%.
- The core running costs have been reduced by 50%.
- The Debt Threshold has been updated in line with the upkeep changes (This means with all services installed, a carrier can go 10 weeks (up from 4) without paying upkeep before being issued a final warning).
- The total upfront activation costs of some of the more expensive services have been reduced by 35-45%.
- The time between jumps has been decreased to 15 minutes for jump preparation and 5 minutes to cool-down.
- Added Universal Cartographics as an optional service on Fleet Carriers.
- Fleet Carrier owners can now store their ships and modules aboard their Fleet Carrier by default.
- When decommissioning a carrier you will now receive a full refund.
- Voluntary decommissioning will incur a fee equivalent to 50% of the Debt Threshold.
- When cancelling the decommissioning of your Fleet Carrier, you will now receive an inbox message to confirm the cancellation.
- Reduced the amount of Tritium consumed with each jump by around half.
- Added a better indication of arriving and decommissioned states for Fleet Carriers on the Cockpit Navigation Panel.
- Fleet Carrier Services menu now displays the name of the owner.
- The trade screen in Fleet Carrier Management, now reports the number of imported and exported commodity types separately rather than in a total for both.
- CQC Menu fix – CQC matchmaking from in-game will now require the usual delay before exiting the game if you are in danger.
- Space Legs around player base building
- MSG From Kai Zen – PLEASE BE ADVISED: After talking extensively with Ty @ Loose Screws Podcasts we have different goals for future projects and different abilities to commit time and resources to achieving those goals as well as a difference of opinion on a few key factors of the partnership going forward. Therefore from this point forward I am stepping down as a cohost of Loose Screws Podcast and will be transitioning Elite Week into a solo project that will have its own podcast feed in addition to the existing YouTube channel. I am still an on-air guest at Loose Screws and will remain active in that discord community but all of my content generations will take place from the official Elite Week discord. I truly wish @Ty and @jnTracks [PC] all the best and am sure that they will make great content for you to enjoy in the coming days!
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at tv.forthemug.com/ or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the Discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders