|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|(in)Human Resources Director||Shan||Shan|
|Deputy Trade Attaché||Souv||Souvarine|
|Tech Monkey||Norman MacArthur||Ventura|
|Inflatable Victim||Mack Winston|
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- If you were to Re-write Elite, what would you change? Part 2
- Michael Hughes – Facebook – Would have kept on top of and taken advantage of the early bugs that allowed people to rank up quickly.
- Matt ‘wally’ Walford – Facebook – Do away with engineers, game killer for me as I don’t have the time to grind the upgrades as my work schedule doesn’t allow much game time. its become a game now where despite reaching elite ranking in combat, my ships near useless. – Game is far to unbalanced for casual players
- Nopil3os – Twitter – direct economy like in X-BtF and its successors.
- Karl – Twitter – I would not rely on the huge amount of 2D interfaces that removes you from first-person view. Since they’re more easy to create, their numbers only grow with each update. Elite is getting very point-and-click heavy.
- CMDR Tictak – Twitter – Reduce the repetition and add content instead
- Stephen Usher – Facebook – As I talked about during the early Alpha, making the scanner properly linear. Even in the current “linear” mode it’s still actually logarithmic scaling.
This makes true spacial awareness using the scanner impossible and I only use it as a direction finder, unlike in the previous games.
- Drew Wagar – Facebook – I would not have allowed the entire galaxy to have been visited, rather I’d have required players to unlock it bit by bit by working out navigable hyperspace routes to new star systems via some kind of gameplay. Biggest mistake they made IMHO.
- Swidhelm – Twitter – The ability to set way points on planets, and hud elements for optimal approach and landing. Kind of like the Nostromo landing scene in alien.
- EvilSnowball82 – Twitter – Give the DBX a class 5 slot for a fuel scoop. I love my DBX.
- David Gillum – Facebook – I would have made the Thargoids more active than passive. As it stands you can choose if you want to encounter a Thargoid, even in infested systems
- Michael Hughes – Facebook – Make it possible to map asteroids so you are not always trying to mine the same ones.
- Liam Greene – Facebook – The core gameplay “loop”
- Make Crime and Punishment much more harsh.
- Notoriety is only gained by Killing other players.
- High Security Systems should be safe, any player with Notoriety should be harassed by npcs as soon as they enter the system.
- Any Player in a civilised system with Notoriety should be visible on the Galaxy Map.
- More NPC pirate interdictions in Low Security / Populated Anarchy systems
- Loose Screws :- , I wanted to invite you and anyone else over at Lave Radio to the Loose Screws end of the year Discord party/show. On December 27th at 730CST we are doing a live stream and show. I’m inviting all of the listeners and friends of my show. Feel free to drop in and say howdy to everyone. I know it will be late in the UK. Thanks for supporting us and getting us started. We will keep moving the Biowaste for you guys. 😀
- HCS Voice packs just teased a Babylon 5 picture for future voice packs. No Boom today, Boom tomorrow!
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at tv.forthemug.com/ or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders