|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Head of Health and Safety||Ben Moss-Woodward||Eid LeWeise|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|Chief Bar Steward||Grant Woolcott||Psykokow|
|(in)Human Resources Director||Shan||Shan|
|Darth Quarantino||Alec Turner||Alec Turner|
|Darth Blowie Upious||Mack Winston||Mack Winston|
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- New Era pushed back to “Early 2021”
- (From the shareholder article below) We had originally planned for the Elite Dangerous major update to release in December 2020, but, in the context of the current Covid-19 environment, we have now set a Q1 2021 release date.
- Frontier get Games workshop license
- Frontier Developments announces an exclusive IP licence with Games Workshop to develop and publish a real-time strategy game within the rich and extensive world of Warhammer Age of Sigmar.
- Fleet Carrier Beta 2 – Date Announcement
- Beta 2 will run from 11 May to 26 May
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- Operation IDA – working on Weyn Dock – 64 Arietis
- AXI – Nothing new to report –
- no new activity on the thargoid front, just the Pleiades and the witch-head nebula.
- Cmdr MGRAM did show off how to kill a thargoid in a Keelback. Although there are reports of a civil war between two of the Anti Thargoid organizations.
- Tensions between the HIVE and Hank’s Alliance of Anti-Xeno are apparent at the moment.
- BBC radio documentary #ThisGameChangedMyLife which revisits Commander Michael Holyland’s story. Heartbreaking of course but sensitively put together by Nathan Jones and hosted by Aoife Lockhart & Julia Hardy really worth a listen.
- Beta 1 Fleet Carrier Survey by AXI
- The Winged Hussars have a Calendar for Everyone!
- CMDR Cynnrain (a.k.a. Baz Floyd from SpecialEffect) is launching his daily Banter Bus at 9pm each and every day from the 26th April until the 21st May.
The Banter Bus will be visiting 26 known “interesting places” in the Bubble (or near it) each evening, and inviting every commander in the galaxy to pop in and join him for a little banter and company.
Whether you want to make a rendez-vous with the bus, and join in that evening’s shenanigans, or pop in to multicrew and take in the sights, or maybe just pop into Teamspeak and have a chat, Baz is available each evening from 9pm and we’ll be publishing the stops on the bus route soon….
Want to see an asteroid base, or a black hole, or the racing station at Cortes? Want to visit a megaship, or see a barnacle forest? A station in low orbit around a planet, or one circling a ringed earthlike? Want to see if we can get one of each ship type in a single selfie? Want to go to Mitterand Hollow? The bus is stopping at all these and more.
Teamspeak 3 server address is ts.forthemug.com – just look for the “Baz Big Bubble Banter Bus” room and hop in there to say hi and tag along. It will be chaos, but if you’re coming, bring an SRV, bring a fighter.
Tonight he is at LAVE
- Alec Turner climbs things that shouldn’t be climbed (again) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjfkwtjjWMY
- And how he did it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7_spp_js_A
Any Other Business
- Psykokow and the replacement Eurovision on the 16th May
- Millstonebarn comes with a request from Ed’s 38 to help them get their home out in Colonia back!
Diplomats. Earlier this year a player minor faction ruthlessly stole Dunker’s Rest from the owners, Ed’s 38, in their home system, Dubbuennel, whilst we were supporting other (much needed) player-driven activities in the bubble (the Hutton Truckers’ HOT-MESS), thereby breaching the terms of the Jaques Accord. Biscuit production has been halted.
We appealed to their conscience… seemingly without success, so a small number of Dunkers, together with the Lyttle Massive and other allies have been working to rectify this situation and we have made great progress.
However the rogues, Nu Simbad, have today responded and we face a challenge righting their wrongdoings.
This is a call for your support. Please, come to Colonia. Ask your friends to rally behind our cause. Spread the word. Bring your ships. Put Dunker’s Rest back in the hands of the responsible owners so that we can restart biscuit production it would be for the good of everyone in Colonia, including you Nu Simbad. Including you.
- Congrats to ChrisMasterSki who posted in Reddit that after 3,500 hours in game he just hit 1,000,000 light years traveled Reddit Link
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at tv.forthemug.com/ or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders