|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Head of Health and Safety||Ben Moss-Woodward||Eid LeWeise|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|(in)Human Resources Director||Shan||Shan|
|Deputy Trade Attaché||Souv||Souvarine|
|Tech Gibbon||Chris Mk IV||Newell Turner|
|Guest “Winner”||Paul||JThar Birrrelle|
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- AMA II: Question Boogaloo – Arthur, Bruce, Stephen and Paul
- Thursday Stream
- Combat bonds, AXI rewards next week
- Christmas Stream on the 17th and there will be Drops then
- The Journey so Far
- Saw Alec Turner and Flossy
- Nice that they START in the Lave system in a Cobra – just like in the OG
- Forum post – ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous – The Journey So Far | Frontier Forums
- Take a look back on the journey so far with our new video and tune into the Game Awards this Thursday 10 December to see our next steps in an exclusive Elite Dangerous: Odyssey gameplay trailer!
- Game Balancing Part III.
- Tuesday’s Stream
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- Exploration CG; – Looking for Ammonia worlds.
- 30% off Lakon ships.
- The Federation debates about what to do with the Marlonist Refugees
- Newsletter -307 – Cutter paintjobs
- As suggested by CMDR JThar Birrrelle: Yeah, no pressure. I have a general idea around the current resurgence in narrative (I do love the multiple storylines) and whether FDev can maintain momentum and innovate beyond what we have right now and if Odyssey gameplay will help that. Can they keep me and other commanders engaged in the narrative with different kinds of gameplay? Will they look at emergent gameplay to guide them in their choices? It came to mind because I was out in the black exploring with my carrier when CGs returned and they brought me back to the bubble because suddenly the area became interesting again.
- Does the Narrative drive game play?
- Bring in new / returning players
- Engage people who have been out in the black, for want of nothing better to do
- Can FD keep up with the Narrative?
- How will Odyssey help with the Narrative?
- Does the Narrative drive game play?
- Kai Zen – The Dark Wheel initiative update???
- Lave radio is #1 in New Zealand and popular in middle east countries too.. Souv’s list
- Sagittarius Eye: the magazine is returning for Odyssey! No specific release date yet but watch our social channels. Will be a full relaunch.
- Ghost Girraffe Stream – Found two colliding gas giants and watched them ‘Bump’. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ldN0GXN1II . According to David Braben, thing like this are supposed to happen in ‘Real Life’ too :- https://twitter.com/DavidBraben/status/1335635211837698050
- Operation IDA – 3rd Annual Op-Ida Hauliday Haul Event 1: Limbo Organizer: RamblinEngineer, Trainphreak, and AstroSnufkin When: Saturday, 12/12, 4pm EST Where: Bakewell Enterprise – Marici (Planet Marici 3) Return of a Hauliday classic! Race as fast as you can under an ever lowering limbo bar made of Belugas. Event meet up point will be Bakewell Enterprise – Marici (Planet Marici 3). The planet is 2.59 G so get your high gravity flying practice in this week! Expect a rebuy or two (or several), so bring a cheap ship or having plenty of credits to spare.
- Open Play and Crime and Punishment; a Proposed Holistic Approach
- Distant Screws II: Expedition for Evelyn
- The Loose Screws community are heading out into the black once again to reach Evelyn’s Light! We will discover what the young scientist has left for us to discover in the deep reaches of space!
- (In the August of 2018 Evelyn was a girl hiking up a mountain with her family and complaining of a sore side when she got home. In September of 2018 she was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma with a tumour the size of a grapefruit in her abdomen. Thus began Evelyn’s and her family’s fight against cancer that would last for 1 ½ years. She threw off cancer’s grip on Feb 26, 2020 and ascended to the stars. Hospital treatments to address the disease, radiation, chemo, stem cell transplants and surgery could not weigh down her spirit. She continued to read, play video games and show interest in science, design, fashion, comedy, wookies and the stars. While she slept beside her mother her father spent the long nights in Elite with a new group of comrades, some of whom knew his pain, some of whom shared their own, all of whom shared the game. Our thanks go out to Loose Screws and Frontier, and Drew Wagar for showing their support!)
- Depart: Jan 8 3307
- Arrive Evelyn’s Light: Feb 26, 3307
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- For those who want a literary discussion about Sci-fi and fantasy books. Please subscribe to the Dataslate podcast created by station commander Allen Stroud.
- Following this we have the Galactic News Digest, as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon. Also you may be interested in the Galactic News Digest’s youtube channel which does mini-updates whenever galnet does : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG8WqlR1ua6mjkq9qQHrnZQ
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders