Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Stephen Benedetti posted a response from Ian Dingwall about the latest from Galnet. It appears that we are losing a little content but that is because interstellar Initiatives requires a lot of work.
- What was interesting was that even though they’ve just hired a new writer, there is an ‘aggressive production schedule’ which means that things are repositioned. What does everyone think of that?
- Fdev is at Gamescom in Germany at the moment. It’s planet zoo’s time but there is an elite meet.
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- Dav did the Background presentation.
- Stephen managed to upgrade his combat rank to Novice on Monday.
- Fdev staff was at Fantasticon last weekend. Nothing was announced but they had many interesting chats with the community.
- There is a photo competition as well.
- People annoyed that they can’t enter the above competition on the forum and so are accusing Fdev of ignoring the forums.
- With NMS being upgraded to beyond this week, how does it compare to ED? Is it ED light?
- Rebel galaxy Outlaw was released as well, this feels also more Elite like but you are following someone else’s narrative I. E. Freelancer, dark star one & X-Rebirth.
- Both of these games have a lot less grind (NMS has reduced theirs). Should Elite do the same? I. E. Reduce travel time somehow? Rebalance credits?
- A well-known and much-loved shipyard service ED Shipyard by Taleden have been renovated and moved to a new address.
(thanks to AXI and Gluttony Fang for that)
- The folks at Operation Ida are working on Kaiser Terminal – Wayutabal
- Indium 80% 56,383 (-3,360)
- Gallium 24% 72,294 (-3,658)
- Copper 29% 23,641 (-0,696)
- Aluminium 34% 26,180 (-3,920)
- Synthetic Fabrics 61% 142,568 (-48,423)
- Overall 321,066 (-60,057)
- Next Milestone 250,000
- 24h Total: 99,557
- Alec Turner’s has the new Hot off the Press Buckyball run in progress at the moment. (in association with SAGi)
- Sagittarius Eye going quarterly with Issue 25
- Shall we put out a community question? Should ED reduce the grind and how?
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at tv.forthemug.com/ or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.