|Position||Crew Member||CMDR Name|
|Staff Liaison Officer||Clare Good||Psykit|
|Chief Archivist||Colin Ford||Phoenix_Dfire|
|Squee’r in Cheef||Kerrash||Kerrash|
|Ground Pounder||Paul Barratt||Jthar Birrelle|
|Guest Trucker||Dave Pearson||Vingtetun|
|Tech Monkey||Norman MacArthur||Ventura_|
Download the episode directly from here.
Development News – what have the devs said this week?
- Thursday – Odyssey Update 4
- Highlights include 39 Fixes on the Map UIs
- Galnet Audio is back
- Six Optimizations for fps.
- Players are now invulnerable in social spaces. (No more killing people by ramming the Station windows).
- Thursday – SPVFA Guest on the Live Stream
- In connection with the SPVFA stream Sally put out a Focus Feedback Thread on the forums about the camera Suite. (For those that don’t know, Sally was one of the original developers of the Camera Suite).
- Tuesday’s Supercruise News – Not much in the way of news as the but they did have Dav on to talk about some of the issues with the BGS.
In-Game Events – what’s happened this week?
- 16th June 3307 – Electoral Reform Proposed for the Alliance
- 17th June 3307 – Materials Needed for Enhanced Ship Module
- 18th June 3307 – Guardian-Thargoid Battlefield Discovered
- 21st June 3307 – Corporatists Stalled by Jupiter Division’s Defeat
Newsletter (every second show) [link]
Store Alert – Viper Shatter Paint Job
Manticore Oppressor Chevron Skins
A lot of the reviews we’ve seen (Massively OP, Obsidian Ant, Hawkes Gaming) have all commented on the performance and networking issues. However, they have all commented that there are sections of Odyssey where they are having fun. We are joined by Cmdrs Kerrash, Vingtetun and Jthar Birrrelle.
So once the performance issues are resolved, where is the fun in Odyssey?
- JustDave_GG has shown how to get full VR working on foot using some tweaking and the vanity camera. It’s not the best option for Combat but works well for exploration.
- The Latest Sag-Eye Magazine has been released. It can be found at https://www.sagittarius-eye.com/ with it’s audio equivalent at https://podcast.sagittarius-eye.com/. Topics covering this month include ;-
- The Hesperus
- Apollo 15 Expedition
- Soontil relics
- Colours of atmospheres
- Xihe Companions
- AXI are now celebrating 10K members on their discord. To celebrate this they’re organising the 4th great Hunt. This is organised for today (22nd of June) for those that wish to join in.
- Our sister station, Hutton Orbital Radio, Broadcasts on Thursdays from 20:30. You can tune in at twitch.tv/huttonorbitaltruckers or, for just the audio, at radio.forthemug.com/.
- For the discerning Commander who likes a bit of CQC action, check out the CQC Discord at “discord.me/elitedangerouscqc”.
- We’re also giving a shout outs to the following Elite Dangerous podcasts which have appeared over the last year or are standard regular contributors;-
- Loose Screws
- Elite Week
- Flight Assist
- For Spanish Speakers there is the Elite Cast
- Cannon Podcast
- Fatherhood Podcast.
- Squeaking Fuel
- System Chat
- The Guard Frequency (who do other space sims)
- Algorab AM: An Elite Dangerous Podcast
- For those who want a literary discussion about Sci-fi and fantasy books. Please subscribe to the Dataslate podcast created by station commander Allen Stroud.
- Following this we have the latest Galnet News Digest as provided by Cmdr Wotherspoon and Cmdr BeatleJude.
- Thanks to those who have chipped in on Twitch chat and in-game commanders
- Special Thanks to Cmdr ToCoSo who created the music for the Introduction of the Show
Was a great show. Enjoyed the round table format. Colin did a terrific job keeping things on track and good to hear more of his own thoughts. Thanks to all. Hope Ben enjoys his time off for good(?!) behaviour and hope to see him again soon!