The main room is where all the big talks, panels, readings and Q&As take place and in a side room a green-screen for fabulous photos of you in space!
- Lave Radio Live (of course)
- Frontier Developments Panel with Q&A
- Retro Lave – a look at the games you loved and grew up with
- Author Readings
- Abraka Drabble (competition) – write 100 words and (maybe) win a kindle. Details and Entry form can be found here.
- BFS & BFSA – What can they do for you?
- An Introduction to Roleplay Games and Elite Encounters
- Dockers Live – an entertaining take on life in a space dock
- An Introduction to LRP or Why you should be playing Jugger…
- Charity Raffle – raise some money for good causes and (maybe) win some shiny things!
- Panel: Phoenix Point
Additional Workshops, talks, panels etc for 2016
Radio Theatre Workshop are running a radio theatre workshop… which is not confusing at all…
Christopher Jarvis (Lave Radio, Escape Velocity) from The Radio Theatre Workshop brings a workshop designed to give an introduction to full-cast audio drama production. The session will begin with volunteers recording roles in a short script and learning live foley (sound effects skills), moving on to editing and post-production and music scoring. Volunteers will (with luck!) have a short audio piece of their own creation to take away at the end of the session! Workshop features at a glance:
* Microphone and recording environment setup
* Foley (live prop sound effects) tutorial
* Performance coaching
* Scene editing
* Post-production sound effects
* Soundtrack scoring.
This will be a hands-on session and everybody will get the chance to try their hand at each of the roles.
Panel/Discussion: Gaming: The Next Generation
Talk: Decoding the Naming Schemes of Universal Cartographics
Talk: Gaming Addiction
Discussion: Dead, White Gaming?
More details coming soon ™
Photographs taken at Lavecon 2015 by Official Lavecon Photographer Oliver Facey.